Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 01:30 AM

Email Provider

Which do you use? I'm with Yahoo and, in the past, I've had a few problems with it, although I have to admit it is normally excellent.

However, although I can access my account with them, for the last few days I haven't been able to click onto the emails I've been sent, although I can see them.

Grrrr, that is so frustrating. I'm sure they'll clear again soon, but I hate the thought that somebody might think I'm ignoring them, which I'm not.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 01:33 AM

Re: Email Provider

That must be very frustrating for you Mollie. Have you searched the internet to see if Yahoo are experiencing problems?

I use Outlook and gmail.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 01:43 AM

Now then lass, we use Outlook at work, and that was what I originally had on my home computer, but I just don't like it because it's a very old provider wide open to viruii. I've had a lot of nasty stuff coming through at work, but our anti-virus AVG has blocked them, thank goodness.

I do have a few email addresses and one is gmail which is relatively new to me and I've not encountered any problems with that, but I rarely use it.

No, this has happened about three times in the four years I've had this computer. What happens is, I can see I've had email and I can click on what's been sent, then it just won't load.

I've complained to Yahoo about it, but all they say is that they're having maintenance problems and try again later, but I've been off for about three days now.

Ah well, no worries, will try again tomorrow. I just wondered if anybody else had had the same difficulties.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 02:21 AM

we have used firefox now for a long time
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 02:49 AM

I've had Yahoo for years, no problems; added g-mail as a backup a few months ago, no problems there either.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

12-11-2011, 02:50 AM

Pixie, Firefox is a web browser, not an email provider. Your email provider is Sympatico, Canada.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 12:00 PM

'Windows live Mail' which came with my Laptop (a gift from a generous son) is the programme I use, it's great with lots of useful features. I used to have 'Outlook' but this is so much better.

My service provider (ISP) is Orange.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 01:27 PM

I've been on AOL (America on Line) since I had an e-mail account. When it must be very busy it can be a bit slow, but other than that very few problems. Whenever, I think I will change, they do me a deal and I stay with them.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 06:19 PM

Mollie have you tried accessing your Yahoo emails using a different browser to the one you normally use?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

12-11-2011, 11:06 PM

Sorry, Marian. I've been a world of me own today. No, I only ever use IE. Will keep checking it. I wouldn't be surprised if I've just not cleared a lot of old stuff and that's why it's having trouble loading. I've only just thought about that!

I'll have another do with it again tomorrow.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top