Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 11:34 AM

Re: Dont blame your computer

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Bob, when you 'drag and drop' does it remove all the data in the register or just the main points of the program?

I always remove programs through the register, that way I do not have any orphan bits of data left to clog up the memory.
Being new to a Mac you just went right over my head in knowledge Bob.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Being new to a Mac you just went right over my head in knowledge Bob.
With windows you have a register where all the data is kept and when you remove programs via 'add or remove'/ 'Program and features' depends which version of windows, the data is removed from the register but it lots of bits are left(Orphan files). I remove direct from the register (not recommended for non-techs) so that every file is removed.

Does Mac have a register, I assume it does with it's operating system, if so does every bit of program data get removed when dragging and dropping?

I hope this is clear?
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
With windows you have a register where all the data is kept and when you remove programs via 'add or remove'/ 'Program and features' depends which version of windows, the data is removed from the register but it lots of bits are left(Orphan files). I remove direct from the register (not recommended for non-techs) so that every file is removed.

Does Mac have a register, I assume it does with it's operating system, if so does every bit of program data get removed when dragging and dropping?

I hope this is clear?
Although not an expert on Windows register I certainly understand it's fuction. I don't know enough about the Apple operating system(Snow Leopard) 10.64 to know the affect of the drag and drop to Recycle method I'm using.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 07:48 PM

Well I am blaming mine lads, you blame who you like, I have almost thrown the damn thing out the windows, lost everything, my internet connection was off for almost two days, made me almost sick. Any way we seem to be up and running again, God knows how long it will last this time.I know what you are going to say its elderly woman symptoms.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 07:50 PM

Think Azz should have a new name for me ... under the name bit extremely elderly &thick.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2012, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I'm with all the Mac people, the greatest thing since sliced bread, I'm a Mac snob now, wouldn't sleep in the same house as a PC.

Have to agree with you, being another mac snob there the best.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2012, 09:53 PM

Another Mac fan here
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2012, 10:05 PM

Yes mags

my hubby still has windows and so do the children but i just love my Mac
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2012, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Another Mac fan here

You can't beat 'em!
Kitty
London

09-01-2012, 11:08 PM

love it

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top