Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 10:01 PM

Re: A German Point Of View

Game on
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I wish you were right but unfortunately the animosity extends to all Europeans as my wife will attest to.

Where does your wife come from Banchory. Not European then?
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Then perhaps they should look further than the end of their nose?
My wife is Slovak and feels no animosity at all - in fact she voted Brexit.

Nobody dislikes Europeans, or is simply anti "johnny foreigner" per se it was just the sheer number coming here.
Unfortunately Brexit seems to have empowered a lot of anti European sentiment which not only my wife who is German and has lived here 35 years but friends of hers from France, Czech Republic, Poland and Holland have also experienced. It. Doesn’t seem to happen in London but in our rural town where there are relatively few immigrants there is certainly animosity towards anyone from a continental EU country and the worse offenders are the older generation
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:10 PM

Which is what too many people are too thick to understand.
True. No matter how often I say it, some people still don't seem to understand.

As I've said before, I'm getting fed up with all of this Brexit mess, really because of our inept politicians.

Let all the buggers come!
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:41 PM

Which is what too many people are too thick to understand.
And you fail to understand the reality. You only need to look at what UKIP has morphed into or is having an ex EDL Leader part of their diversity and inclusivity programme

Does that make people who think it’s not happening thick, misguided, naive or one or all of the three wise monkeys?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 12:19 AM

Quoting Banchoryoesn’t seem to happen in London but in our rural town where there are relatively few immigrants

Few immigrants in Kent,that does surprise me, you should try Kirkcaldy where Polish now seems the dominant language.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 12:21 AM

I have no idea what's going on there and I can't seem to edit it. Still you'll get the gist.
Banchory
Kent

16-01-2019, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Quoting Banchoryoesn’t seem to happen in London but in our rural town where there are relatively few immigrants

Few immigrants in Kent,that does surprise me, you should try Kirkcaldy where Polish now seems the dominant language.
Don’t get me wrong, there are noticeable immigrant populations in the main Kentish towns and cities but in many rural towns and villages numbers are low although that doesn’t stop village idiots going on local social media groups inciting people to “round up all the foreigners”

I know little of Kirkcaldy but I see from national statistics that
It has one of the country's biggest recruitment and retention problems in the UK. Is immigration not then beneficial to your town?

I understand that groups of people could speaking a foreign language may be strange and even frightening to some, particularly the older generation but that has always been the case in the numerous waves of immigration aver our long and rich history.

Anyway Poland is experiencing an economic boom and is actively encouraging its citizens to return so you may see sir of them leaving Kirkcaldy
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 07:24 AM

Hi

I think it is worth pointing out that we have more Non EU Immigration than we do EU Immigration.

This is something totally within our control.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 08:23 AM

Well , it’s not as if brits behave abroad

British 'gypsy' admits stealing Red Bull, rope and sunglasses in NZ
https://mol.im/a/6596593

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top