Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 04:19 PM

Re: Hairdressers

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I cut my husbands and he cuts mine, we used to take turns clipping the dogs but neither need that now.

What amazes me is he just bluntly cuts across the back of my hair and the style is just how I like it and free, go to the hairdressers and they spend an hour messing around it never looks right and they charge me £40 for the experience !
I cut hubby's hair but I wouldn't let him near mine..

It costs £13 at my hairdressers to trim my short hair, and I am in and out within 15 mins,
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 04:27 PM

They charge more because mine is long, but the cut should being long be easier as my husband has proved !
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 04:57 PM

I have never... not once... not even slightly... been happy coming back from the hairdresser, althought I have on occasion been less unhappy than others. I hate going, but I keep my hair short and I need to go about every 6 weeks.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
I have never... not once... not even slightly... been happy coming back from the hairdresser, althought I have on occasion been less unhappy than others. I hate going, but I keep my hair short and I need to go about every 6 weeks.
Used to be happy - but I think standards have changed, they prefer to use 'straighteners' now as well - which is not ideal ....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I hate having my hair cut and the way hairdressers 'pretend' to listen to what you ask them to do then go ahead and do something quite different

I have just been to have my hair trimmed and came back scalped .
Now I know I said I am trying to be a recluse but this is ridiculous, I will need to hide or wear a hat until around Christmas ....
Lets havva look .

This is what I use to cut my hair with.

Flowbee

I use an electric hair cutter on neck and sides.

The Flowbee I run off my vacuum cleaner and it works a treat . You can buy the Flowbee off Amazon I think and or Ebay.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Lets havva look .

This is what I use to cut my hair with.

Flowbee

I use an electric hair cutter on neck and sides.

The Flowbee I run off my vacuum cleaner and it works a treat . You can buy the Flowbee off Amazon I think and or Ebay.
Mark this thread is 2 years old , my hair has grown since then
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 09:21 PM

After conveying this thread to the wife (she really should join the forum, but I think that would actually force her to admit she's not 25 anymore, so she won't ) she said that she's had the same issues in the past. Luckily she has a good hairdresser now that does what she wants but her and her boyfriend (yes, boyfriend, not husband) have decided to have a family so within 9 months she'll be back to square one again.

Women and their hair eh?

I just pop into the barbers twice a year for a quick trim and that keeps me looking presentable. One perk about growing old is that your hair grows a lot slower.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I suppose I am lucky as I've had the same hairdresser for the last 20 years. He knows exactly how I like my hair, and I trust him implicitly.

He is coming up to retirement age and I hate the thought of having to change to another stylist sometime in the future
I'm the same as you Mags, been with my lovely gal for a good 20 years and she comes to my house since she sold her salon. She is a lovely, kind girl and does alot of work at a hospice, helping cancer patients get good wigs fitted properly. Fortunately she is alot younger than me so I don't expect her retirement will be a problem for me.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 07:04 AM

I don't trust hairdressers !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I hate having my hair cut and the way hairdressers 'pretend' to listen to what you ask them to do then go ahead and do something quite different
That seriously winds me up at the hairdressers - it seems very few of them can actually achieve what you ask them to. I also tell them: I don't want you to to smooth my hair that much that it looks like it's been sprayed on but they always do. I like 'big hair' and I always have so I hate it when it just looks like paint on my head and down my back. I now make them redo it and amazingly, they don't keep doing it after a couple of 'you need to rewash and style that the way I asked'. I also keep a very close eye on how much they're cutting off.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top