Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 11:28 AM

Re: Hairdressers

Originally Posted by maryl ->
I just ask for a wet cut and by the time I've walked home it's dry (albeit sticking out all over the place).
I've started doing that - I just tell them I want a wet cut with long layers and I'll style it myself (they never get it right).
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
After conveying this thread to the wife (she really should join the forum, but I think that would actually force her to admit she's not 25 anymore, so she won't ) she said that she's had the same issues in the past. Luckily she has a good hairdresser now that does what she wants but her and her boyfriend (yes, boyfriend, not husband) have decided to have a family so within 9 months she'll be back to square one again.

Women and their hair eh?

I just pop into the barbers twice a year for a quick trim and that keeps me looking presentable. One perk about growing old is that your hair grows a lot slower.
Not for me... The hair on my head now grows faster and is thicker than before.. However, I almost never have to shave my legs.. Go figger..

oops.. was that nondecorous?
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I've started doing that - I just tell them I want a wet cut with long layers and I'll style it myself (they never get it right).
I think the term "hairdresser" is a misnomer.. I have not yet met one that could style hair properly.. at least not to my satisfaction.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 10:04 PM

I can't believe how much you ladies pay for a cut!!! £40? Even £20? The most I pay is £10, and the least was £5.50 at my mum's sheltered housing complex. A lady goes in once a week. I miss her! Yes, and mum, but...mustn't dwell...

Last got it cut in Norwich recently in a line em all up type of shop. Walk in, wait, shuffle down the line of others waiting, and pay £10. Still came away slightly dissatisfied as it's grown out of shape and blows in my face, which I hate.

Had a good one at the top of my road but it just closed. Good cut, and I could go in immediately, or later that day. Was never busy so reckon they didn't make enough.

Annoyingly there is no other female hairdressers around here and to visit my other usual one is a drive away. Yet in the neighbourhood there is an unbelievable amount of gents' barbers. Why one of them at least couldn't reopen as a ladies' I'll never know.

However, I also don't like the other one because one of them SHOUTS all the time. She makes my ears bleed. But she can usually fit me in.

Hairdressers? Hate them too.
AudreyII
USA

21-08-2013, 01:36 PM

I only pay $15 for a cut... It's a walk in place. I simply cannot commit to an appointment.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 01:38 PM

Aint it the truth
AudreyII
USA

21-08-2013, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Aint it the truth
When I suddenly get the bug up my butt that I need a haircut.. I want to get one! I don't want to call and wait for an appointment. Also, I may simply not feel like going when it comes time.. OR something else may come up. We have a chain called Fantastic Sams. It's a hair cut factory... You walk in.. give your name and the counter and one of the beauticians will come up and take your name off the list. Easy Peasy.. They don't even style it.. you go home and fix it yourself. and it's cheap..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 02:32 PM

That sounds OK - at least its only 'half' the torture
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 10:44 PM

There was a hairdresser in the village I grew up in but I think she only knew one style, everyone who went to her came out with the same hairstyle. Here I think I am lucky, I go to a lovely Spanish girl who is very modern, very well trained and always does a brilliant job no matter what I want. Cut, wash and restyle costs me 18 euros.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top