Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 12:42 AM

Re: Hi Everyone

Goodness me! what a lot of lovely welcomes, thank you all so much! I have Google to thank for leading me here and finding such a nice comfy place that feels warm and inviting
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 12:54 AM

It's certainly that Honey. I'm from Wigan in Lancashire (not Greater Manchester) so you're not alone from this part of the world.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 01:01 AM

I like the Wigan accent, nice and broad! I shop there occasionally, Warrington too and Ormskirk on a market day. I'm off to Leigh tomorrow, just love to mooch in the charity shops!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 02:04 AM

Well I don't have a broad Wigan accent Honey, but I use it in my stories.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

24-02-2012, 02:10 AM

I doubt most people in Wigan now have a strong accent, I know from working in different towns and cities myself, in my teens I was sent to Liverpool to work for a few weeks, I came home with a scouse accent!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

24-02-2012, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I doubt most people in Wigan now have a strong accent, I know from working in different towns and cities myself, in my teens I was sent to Liverpool to work for a few weeks, I came home with a scouse accent!
I used to work with soldiers from different parts of the UK, and nearly every night I went home with different accents, so I can understand that. However, I'm trying to keep my local dialect alive in the stories I write because I think it's important. It'd be boring if we all spoke the same way. I love accents.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

24-02-2012, 02:37 AM

I enjoy reading fiction books by authors who bring out the local dialects so you can almost hear them, Maureen Lee, Helen Forrester, Catherine Cookson genre, accents are very interesting, it can be easy to lose your own, my cousins who live in Australia now have a full blown Aussie accent, when they visit the UK they can't get back into their own accent and would feel more at home watching Neighbours than Corrie for sure!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

24-02-2012, 02:45 AM

Well I'm not being pushy, but perhaps you might like to read a chapter or two of my stories which I've put on this forum in Leisure Activities, called Crusty's Comical Capers. As a Lancashire lass you might like them.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

24-02-2012, 02:56 AM

Indeed I would! I seem to have missed it and it's no wonder seeing I've already become addicted to certain threads which are keeping me up late enough as it is!

I surely will take a look tomorrow and add it to my activity list
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 03:50 AM

I used to lo live in wigan also but now in ontraio canada golborne

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top