Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2012, 06:14 PM

Re: England our england!

ENGLAND 2 ITALY1

Nowhere near pefect as yet but a very good performance from England as they came from behind to beat Italy 2-1 in Switzerland, nice to see goals from Defoe and Jagielka and such a decent input from all of the youngsters drafted in by Roy Hodgson, not forgetting the steadying influence of Frank Lampard and Michael Carrick plus, for me, man of the match James Milner.
Make no mistake, England under the present management are definitely improving and hopefully will get better and better in the coming months.
Jack Butland became the youngest England goalkeeper at 19 years and 158 days of age and his second half replacement John Ruddy was earning his first cap. Well done the Three lions!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

16-08-2012, 08:36 PM

As you say Bob a work in progress but the key word is just that, progress.

There seems to be a purpose about the setup that was missing under Postman Pat and really before him. I know we should not get too carried away with the result as the Azurri had a lot of new untried faces out there but promising nevertheless.

By the by, what on earth possessed Stuart Pearce to do a Go Compare advert

Good grief, is he mad???
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 08:20 PM

Really Hammer? must admit that I haven't seen the advert as yet, not a big tv addict but they must be paying him a decent little earner then
When you say that the Italians had a lot of untried players, you could argue that England also had their share of "sprogs" on display. It does seem that Roy Hodgson has got the squad believing in themselves and keeping their feet on the ground hopefully.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

17-08-2012, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bob.b ->
Really Hammer? must admit that I haven't seen the advert as yet, not a big tv addict but they must be paying him a decent little earner then
When you say that the Italians had a lot of untried players, you could argue that England also had their share of "sprogs" on display. It does seem that Roy Hodgson has got the squad believing in themselves and keeping their feet on the ground hopefully.
He still looks to have a decent left peg Bob but we don't know how many retakes there were

Yep, I agree about strength of both sides and if the Italians are on a course of transition it does bode well for us especially as there must be a few nations starting to think of rebuilds.

Let's hope that Roy continues to get the blend right, given the proper resources I think he might just do that.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

25-08-2012, 08:42 PM

Just to let you know that I have actually seen the said TV ad Hammer lol and yes he does still have a decent left peg I agree.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

07-09-2012, 06:25 PM

Yes it's that time again as England take on Moldova tonight in their own back yard(literally) in the quest to qualify for World Cup 2014 to be held in Brazil. The overall opinion is that we should beat these minnows without too much effort but we have all been there before and know that the hosts will not have read the script so will it be an easy passage for Roy and his merry men or will it be a nail biting time once again? Not long to go to find out all the answers, still looking forward to watching the match and a hostile atmosphere in the 10,000 plus stadium. Good luck to the Three Lions!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2012, 07:18 PM

All together now ... Three lions on my shirt....... thats all I know But I know the tune.For Gods sake lets see a bit of decent football, give us footie fans a treat and look as if you want to win. Message to the team!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2012, 09:36 PM

Well, you can't argue with that score 5 - 0
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

07-09-2012, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Well, you can't argue with that score 5 - 0
It was pretty dire stuff though Jan, still a win is a win as they say,...... somewhere.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2012, 09:22 AM

Moldova were not better than a League Two team, no, make that a Blue Square job. It was almost like watching Lincoln City! I know they have to have these countries in the World Cup, but the standard is dire. How did all those English fans manage to get there? This place seems to be in the back of beyond. At least they saw an England goalfest, which is quite rare. Lets hope the Ukraine game is a little more competitive.

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top