Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 10:30 AM

Have You Made Your Will?

http://www.independent.ie/world-news...-30512420.html If you live until 2880 you may well contract the "sudden death syndrome" !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 12:20 PM

Re: Have You Made Your Will?

Not something I feel the need to worry about !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 01:01 PM

I would guess we had quite a few bangs from asteroids in the past and they wiped out all living things on this planet, but life being life sprouted up again and here we all are once more waiting for another bang so why worry? we'll all rise again.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 01:24 PM

We definitely have, seen how much trouble can be caused by a person dying Intestate.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 03:43 PM

Have You Made Your Will? Yes.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 03:48 PM

2880 Mmmmmm think I may be long past wills or caring by then
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 04:43 PM

I made a will a couple of months ago because when my mum passed away it was a free for all! Close family were rooting through her stuff, holding things up asking who wanted this and that!

It will NOT happen when I go, I've made my solicitor the executor and he will oversee everything, arrange to sell my house and see that the proceeds will go to my named charities and my sister. He will also make arrangements for my cat to go to Cat's Protection as I've sorted out her future with them and they will find her a home because they will benefit from my will, pretty much all sorted!

He will also arrange my funeral, I've given him all the necessary information so he knows which undertaker to use, quick prayer at the Crematorium followed by cremation and my ashes to be placed in the garden of remembrance.

I feel relieved knowing that there will be no interference from family and my wishes will be followed to the letter
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 07:31 PM

I dithered so long about making a will, but having done so, I'm glad I did. I've even asked for specific music which was special to me and OH.

I also intend to leave a letter to each of my grand-daughters and their parents - nothing morbid, but something to express my love for them when I can no longer say it in person. My Dad did this for me and my Mum and it brought a little bit of comfort.

Gwyn
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 10:59 AM

I made a Will years ago and then had a bit of money to leave.
Now after my lovely holidays and trips away, giving people money
who were skint I don't have any to leave. Only cash left is
my funeral money in the bank.
I have my music ready like you Honey but I put in on a CD already.
I did about 30 years ago write letters to my Sons and Friends but it
might be a little out of date now. Telling them all I was in the big disco
in the sky and saying have a wake with some of my money might be
wrong now.
In d'house and share a bottle of wine is now more appropriate
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I made a will a couple of months ago because when my mum passed away it was a free for all! Close family were rooting through her stuff, holding things up asking who wanted this and that!

It will NOT happen when I go, I've made my solicitor the executor and he will oversee everything, arrange to sell my house and see that the proceeds will go to my named charities and my sister. He will also make arrangements for my cat to go to Cat's Protection as I've sorted out her future with them and they will find her a home because they will benefit from my will, pretty much all sorted!

He will also arrange my funeral, I've given him all the necessary information so he knows which undertaker to use, quick prayer at the Crematorium followed by cremation and my ashes to be placed in the garden of remembrance.

I feel relieved knowing that there will be no interference from family and my wishes will be followed to the letter
You have great faith your Solicitor will outlive you, I hope you have as much faith in his representative, just in case.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top