Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 10:49 AM

Re: Have your culinary habits changed?

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
No not really Pauline, BUT, I need to eat less as I'm not swimming it off anymore. Sooooo hard for me as I love my food.

Oh,that's annoying,Rox...swimming is a great form of exercise ,but your tiny anyway...but I know exactly what you mean...as I love my food also...I'm lucky that I have exercise machines at home,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not really changed exactly, Pauline, I always did cook healthy food from scratch anyway - but maybe I have become a bit more inventive about what flavours/spices/herbs to use when preparing meals. Just love to cook!

Yes,I know you eat healthy,ST,plus a great cook...ive been eating much more salad and fruit...raw red onions in particular .
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 11:25 AM

Fruit .... we have bananas and tangerines, lots of from Tescos. But not quite so much grapes and/or blueberries in our breakfast muesli ... we miss the market stalls.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 11:32 AM

Sorry Pauline, but with extra time on my hands the kettle is on more often for a cup of tea, and you can't have a cup of tea without some biscuits to dunk.....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 10:49 AM

My culinary habits have changed because the choice of things like McDonalds, KFC, fish and chips, kebabs has been taken away due to the virus lockdown.

I don't feel healthier because the crap I was eating before has just been diverted onto creme eggs and cheese ha ha

Note to self : Eat less crap, move more...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
My culinary habits have changed because the choice of things like McDonalds, KFC, fish and chips, kebabs has been taken away due to the virus lockdown.

I don't feel healthier because the crap I was eating before has just been diverted onto creme eggs and cheese ha ha

Note to self : Eat less crap, move more...
You can keep the Kebabs and KFC Bread, but I'm missing McDonalds and the Fish & Chips....Oh! and that delicious steak pie I used to have on a Saturday from the Garden Centre......

Don't be too hard on yourself Bread and think of all those ladies who turned away the dessert trolly after dinner on the Titanic!..
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You can keep the Kebabs and KFC Bread, but I'm missing McDonalds and the Fish & Chips....Oh! and that delicious steak pie I used to have on a Saturday from the Garden Centre......
Definitely missing Fish & Chips! These I usually only have as a 'treat' once very month to six weeks, that was about to happen when lockdown came into effect so it's now getting on for nine weeks since I last had this 'treat'. I cooked myself home-made fish and chips earlier this week but even with mushy peas and Chip Shop vinegar, it just wasn't the same!

It's going to be quite some 'treat' when this lockdown is all over and done with, that's for sure!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

10-04-2020, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Definitely missing Fish & Chips! These I usually only have as a 'treat' once very month to six weeks, that was about to happen when lockdown came into effect so it's now getting on for nine weeks since I last had this 'treat'. I cooked myself home-made fish and chips earlier this week but even with mushy peas and Chip Shop vinegar, it just wasn't the same!

It's going to be quite some 'treat' when this lockdown is all over and done with, that's for sure!
Same here Baz, there's a local fish restaurant that sell the best fish and chips I've ever tasted but like you, I limit them to perhaps once a month. I'm just starting to get withdrawal......
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Same here Baz, there's a local fish restaurant that sell the best fish and chips I've ever tasted but like you, I limit them to perhaps once a month. I'm just starting to get withdrawal......
Not good is it OGF, but all this has to end some time
– then there will be the biggest blow-out ever!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 07:06 AM

Stop talking about fish and chips - pleeeese - I am pining here!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top