Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 02:49 AM

Re: Why Are Some Men Obsessed With Cars And Engines?

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I wonder if any of our male members here have ever knocked their head on the bonnet whilst observing the marvels of the engine?
I wonder how many women have broken a nail scratching their head trying to work out how to get the petrol cap off
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 07:35 AM

You know you have lost your love for cars, when you spend more time asking the Salesman about the Residual Value, than the BHP.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I wonder how many women have broken a nail scratching their head trying to work out how to get the petrol cap off
Or suddenly realising that the steering wheel turns more than five degrees.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 10:32 AM

Opening a car bonnet to see what is under it has never fascinated me-undoing a bra strap however.........oh do shut up Stephan you are too old.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 10:35 AM

I have to admit, l did feel a bit useless yesterday when l tried to open the bonnet of the car! I found the bit you pull in the driver's area to release the bonnet but could l get the bonnet up? I kept sliding my hand under the bonnet trying to find the bit to open the bonnet, it must've taken me five minutes!
It was a eureka moment when l did!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have to admit, l did feel a bit useless yesterday when l tried to open the bonnet of the car! I found the bit you pull in the driver's area to release the bonnet but could l get the bonnet up? I kept sliding my hand under the bonnet trying to find the bit to open the bonnet, it must've taken me five minutes!
It was an eureka moment when l did!
Sounds like my first time too.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It was a eureka moment when l did!
To admire the engineering?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 02:41 PM

Yes i used to often lift the bonnet, wrap your pie you got in your bait in tinfoil and place on the engine block. By the time you got to the next job, lovely warm morsel.

Mind yo no one has mentioned why blokes buy cars. Chick magnet innit. Didnt work with my VW Polo mind.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 02:52 PM

Same reason some women are obsessed with shoes, knick knacks, handbags, costume jewellery ......
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Same reason some women are obsessed with shoes, knick knacks, handbags, costume jewellery ......
I'm not! In fact, l'd choose drooling over an engine than be obsessed with those!
Now if you said, obsessed with diamonds, then that's a different story!

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top