Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2016, 01:08 PM

Abolishing the Pension Triple Lock Increase.

Hi

Well, it had to happen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37871681

Inflation is forecast to be at 4% next year, which will be a massive increase in the Pensions cost.

Cameron also pledged no tax increases until 2020.

Something will have to give.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2016, 01:10 PM

Re: Abolishing the Pension Triple Lock Increase.

Heard this on this mornings radio, seems accordingly will become a problem by 2020.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2016, 01:15 PM

I've been following the WASPI campaign and at every point the "Triple Lock" on pensions has been brought up as a kind of reason why everything is fair.
I wish someone would explain it properly as it just seems to be one of those phrases like "Stronger Economy" which Cameron used in practically every reply he ever gave.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2016, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well, it had to happen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37871681

Inflation is forecast to be at 4% next year, which will be a massive increase in the Pensions cost.

Cameron also pledged no tax increases until 2020.

Something will have to give.

Not so, Pensions and benefits are increased by the rate of inflation in November, thus the Chancellor's statement on Tuesday will be the rate at which benefits and pensions are to rise next April.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2016, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Not so, Pensions and benefits are increased by the rate of inflation in November, thus the Chancellor's statement on Tuesday will be the rate at which benefits and pensions are to rise next April.
Hi

They will however have to rise by 4% next year if that is what the increase is on the date.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2016, 03:04 PM

I think its the inflation rate in any September that triggers the Rise next April.

Hopefully Interest rates will be going up before then.

But maybe not with this Canook in charge of the BoE
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2016, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
I think its the inflation rate in any September that triggers the Rise next April.

I agree, I thought the same Galty.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

07-11-2016, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->

Hi

Dream on galty.

In order to attract the investment we need Interest rates will not be going up, if anything they may have to go down

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top