Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 02:06 PM

Re: Dealing with boredom

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Yet you all are bored, hence your reading this thread
No, it's wasting our time reading this!
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What I do if I get bored, stupid as it sounds, is to go drill some holes in spare bits of wood with the bench drill.

By the time I have set the bench drill up for position and height and drill speed. Then altered the bench vice to take the wood and selected a large flat type wood drill. By now boredom is out the window. Nothing more fascinating that seeing a 1/2" or bigger hole appear in a piece of wood.

I just wonder what others here do to alleviate boredom
Counting the number of dimples in the ceiling tile above my hospital bed, a hospital with no tv or internet facilities
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Counting the number of dimples in the ceiling tile above my hospital bed, a hospital with no tv or internet facilities

How many have you counted Vlad?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
How many have you counted Vlad?
I got to124 once but I think I miscounted due to my cardiac monitor setting off an alarm because it was bored too
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 02:54 PM

I got to124 once but I think I miscounted due to my cardiac monitor setting off an alarm because it was bored too
Oh blimey mate, sorry. You will just have to start again.

All the best btw.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

30-09-2020, 03:00 PM

Many thanks, it was just a short visit for an angiogram..all clear, now being treated for angina..broken hip last month, angina this month..I don’t have time to get bored
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 04:02 PM

Many thanks, it was just a short visit for an angiogram..all clear, now being treated for angina..broken hip last month, angina this month..I don’t have time to get bored

'Counting the dimples in the ceiling tiles' - that's a new one love it!

Not really laughing Vlad, honest. I had no idea you were poorly - ..... wishing you a speedy recovery with a safe long distance
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 04:08 PM

If I feel 'bored' or 'at a loose end' I find something to do.

At the moment there's lots of things to do, some good some not so good - Sometimes like today, I can't be bothered, I'm tired and cold but I'm not bored. I'm enjoying feeling a slob and chilling out.

Realist, why you don't you try doing something that you never thought you'd be doing? Something totally opposite to your routine or views, something out of character perhaps.

How about being House Husband for a day/week - chief cook and bottle washer, dust, clean, hoover, iron.

Take up sewing or knitting - make face masks .

If you have leather shoes spend time with a tin of shoe polish and do a bit of spit and polish on th'end then put them on and tap dance.

Phone up E-on or some energy firm and have a row about Smart meters

Vlad
West Midlands UK

30-09-2020, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
'Counting the dimples in the ceiling tiles' - that's a new one love it!

Not really laughing Vlad, honest. I had no idea you were poorly - ..... wishing you a speedy recovery with a safe long distance
Thanks Pesta not really poorly except for the hip accident, more of a precautionary visit it check out the arteries which all seem ok.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

30-09-2020, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
If I feel 'bored' or 'at a loose end' I find something to do.

At the moment there's lots of things to do, some good some not so good - Sometimes like today, I can't be bothered, I'm tired and cold but I'm not bored. I'm enjoying feeling a slob and chilling out.

Realist, why you don't you try doing something that you never thought you'd be doing? Something totally opposite to your routine or views, something out of character perhaps.

How about being House Husband for a day/week - chief cook and bottle washer, dust, clean, hoover, iron.

Take up sewing or knitting - make face masks .

If you have leather shoes spend time with a tin of shoe polish and do a bit of spit and polish on th'end then put them on and tap dance.

Phone up E-on or some energy firm and have a row about Smart meters

You have just reminded me of this..
the Finnish word “kalsarikännit,” a term that the Finland Promotion Board defines as a noun that means “Getting drunk in your underwear, with no intention of going out.”
I am thinking of setting up a club for us on here

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top