Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Uncle Mo
Hitchin Hertfordshire UK
Uncle Mo is male  Uncle Mo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2013, 06:09 PM

Re: supermarkets

I haven't used Spicy Brown Sauce, but will check my local Morrisons.
Must agree those Marmite cashews are rather pricey in Sainsbury though if desperate I will buy ONE bag.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2013, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by SageCat ->
Jazzi, I don't suppose your Morrisons still sell Spicy Brown Sauce do they? I was having a moan on here yesterday on the Brown or Red thread about not being able to get hold of any more.
I can't say I've ever looked! I am not a fan of spicy food so would stick to plain tomato or plain brown sauces.

I've done my shop there for the week now and not due to go back there till next weekend. It wouldn't surprise me if they've stopped as I've noticed a lot of shelves now (refrigerated and non) are veering towards stocking other ethnic supplies, pushing more and more of the usual stuff out.
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2013, 06:26 PM

another thing that bugs me ..when you walk through some supermarket doors ...why the blast of warm air???? leaves your hair flying about...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2013, 07:30 PM

Be grateful - you got hair ......
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2013, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by lavander ->
another thing that bugs me ..when you walk through some supermarket doors ...why the blast of warm air???? leaves your hair flying about...
One of our supermarkets does that and it always amuses me in the winter when huddles of people gather under the hot air blower, gathering strength and warm before they venture back into the car park - don't know why it amuses me but it does. They usually have to be chased out by the chap who collects the trollies because in the end, they block the doorway completely!
Troopie
Adelaide, Australia
Troopie is female  Troopie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2013, 02:35 AM

I haven't heard the word 'blether' in 30 years! Things that annoy me are, we don't have a tesco! Ignorant people face down glued to their phones like the world will end if they miss a message. They walk straight into you then look bewildered as to why you saw them coming and didn't move. Last week it happened and I made an exagerated move in the air with my arm to protect my face from being hit and sent her phone flying. Self important idiot! When they wash the meat and think your too stupid to know! When they sand yapping blocking the aisle. I'm also sick to death of buying fruit and veg and having to run to the car and risking being pulled over for speeding just so I can get it home before it rots!!! Arggg. But the one that peeves me the most is when I take my 12 year old and the 15 year old checkout chick asks her 'shouldn't you be in school?' My daugher always asks her if this job was her career choice or is she just filling in time till the next round of potential brain surgeons are rounded up. Geez I hate shopping!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2013, 11:42 AM

I believe ya !!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2013, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Troopie ->
I haven't heard the word 'blether' in 30 years! Things that annoy me are, we don't have a tesco! Ignorant people face down glued to their phones like the world will end if they miss a message. They walk straight into you then look bewildered as to why you saw them coming and didn't move. Last week it happened and I made an exagerated move in the air with my arm to protect my face from being hit and sent her phone flying. Self important idiot! When they wash the meat and think your too stupid to know! When they sand yapping blocking the aisle. I'm also sick to death of buying fruit and veg and having to run to the car and risking being pulled over for speeding just so I can get it home before it rots!!! Arggg. But the one that peeves me the most is when I take my 12 year old and the 15 year old checkout chick asks her 'shouldn't you be in school?' My daugher always asks her if this job was her career choice or is she just filling in time till the next round of potential brain surgeons are rounded up. Geez I hate shopping!

Robyn darlin' - I have the same problem here, but carrying a walking stick I stand still, brace myself for the collision then tell them in a loud voice "Head up, eyes front, look where you're going"!!!
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2013, 02:47 PM

What gets my dander up is the seasonal sales, particularly if you have to pass through a women's wear outlet like M&S.
They all seem possessed of an acquisitional panic as they rush hither and thither grabbing trophies off the rails. They don't bother to look where they are going being hell bent on hoovering the merchandise and you are in severe possibility of being obliterated .
I have found though that if you place your feet apart the width of your shoulders bend your knees and turn the front shoulder out in the manner of a rugby block it works a treat. Due to their hast they will be off balance and in the ensuing collision will ricochet off into the discarded haberdashery.

Well worth practising the technique to ensure you are effective.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-11-2013, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
What gets my dander up is the seasonal sales, particularly if you have to pass through a women's wear outlet like M&S.
They all seem possessed of an acquisitional panic as they rush hither and thither grabbing trophies off the rails. They don't bother to look where they are going being hell bent on hoovering the merchandise and you are in severe possibility of being obliterated .
I have found though that if you place your feet apart the width of your shoulders bend your knees and turn the front shoulder out in the manner of a rugby block it works a treat. Due to their hast they will be off balance and in the ensuing collision will be spun off into the discarded haberdashery.

Well worth practising the technique to ensure you are effective.
I've seen what you describe on TV - never happened to me as I dont like sales !

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top