Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 12:42 AM

Re: Do you moan just loud enough for supermarket staff to hear?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Still, someone did come up to me today and thank me personally for 'Getting the fresh peas in.'

You have fresh peas!!! that really is newsworthy. Fresh veg are becoming like gold dust.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 01:56 AM

Moan to shop assistants?
No! I don’t moan about anything while I’m shopping. I’m there to purchase items so that’s what I do and then I leave. That’s it.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 01:58 AM

Aw, Longie, someone has to be held accountable.
If I were living nearby, I'd come to your market, and start a tirade on you just to hear laughter and clapping when I was finished ribbing you about your kiwis and sour grapes! May as well have some entertainment while shopping.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 07:10 AM

Moaning at assistants is pointless, they are just doing a job of work. If I have a complaint it's made to the manager, then it just might be listened to. Also Customer Services these days, either in the store or by e-mail or telephone, does get the complaint listened to, it's also then made official as I always ask for a reference number or name.

When I am in the supermarket shopping, usually once every three or four weeks, the aim is to get round as quickly as possible and get out of there. Not enough time usually for complaints to assistants – in the current covid situation, the less people I am around the better!
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 08:23 AM

When I have a problem at a store I go up to the assistant or checkout person and politely ask to speak to a manager. Immediately they think you're going to complain about them. I smile and explain. I know what answer you can give me, it's the one you've been told to give. I know the supervisor can give me a different answer, probably the one I am looking for.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 08:27 AM

Back in the days (before Covid) when we used to go into the supermarket, we might have made remarks that something wasn't in stock but it wasn't a complaint ..just purely a remark before choosing a similar item. We wouldn't know if an employee overheard the remark and took it personally as a grumble at them.

We have a grandson who is a picker for online shopping and 'click and collect' orders. He has mentioned the worry about customers getting too close when there is no need to. He also says shoppers have grumbled at him sometimes for getting in their way. Never about trolley conditions or out of stock items though.

Maybe you just happen to be nearby at the time of remarks/grumbles LD and people aren't waiting until you are there to overhear them?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
If I heard anyone moaning about your supermarket in your earshot I'd punch them on the nose and say, that's my brother, another word and remove all the bog rolls, chit happens yanno
I think we need you on the front door LQ.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You have fresh peas!!! that really is newsworthy. Fresh veg are becoming like gold dust.
They must take an age to shell.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-07-2021, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, Until you mentioned this happens, l’d never have thought of it.

Aren’t they very bright in your area?
Wouldn’t it be like talking to a brick wall saying stuff in the vicinity of an assistant?
I mean.. what could they do about it? Tell them to talk to the chairman, John Allan.
There are some that fit the bill.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-07-2021, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Aw, Longie, someone has to be held accountable.
If I were living nearby, I'd come to your market, and start a tirade on you just to hear laughter and clapping when I was finished ribbing you about your kiwis and sour grapes! May as well have some entertainment while shopping.
Just don't mention my melons.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top