Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 07:17 PM

Re: Bad mummy lol

Our eldest girl stopped believing in Father Christmas at the age of three. She worked out for herself that he couldn't possibly fill all kids' stockings in just one night.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 08:16 PM

I remember one of my daughters being mad on horses at the time, leaving a note with her tooth for the fairies..

Dear Queen of the Fairies,
I don't want any money for my tooth but please would you leave a pony instead?

Another of my daughters left her tooth, a note and a piece of apple in a plastic bag for the fairies!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I used to get 6d, it was a long time ago.
Kids got 50p, which rose to £1 with inflation.
I'm glad I haven't got wobbly toothed kids now. £10 does seem rather excessive to me.
I would have explained the meaning of money & lack of it to my child.

Same here Tiff.

I'm afraid I don't agree with giving a tenner at all. Sorry Julie.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Oh my non-existent god !

Do normal people, (with an IQ greater than their age),
still spoon-feed this crap to gullible children -
or grandchildren ???

Yes they do Pummy . . . and you are getting a miserable old goat of late - so there!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-03-2017, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Littlies are lovely.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Father Christmas, Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy.

We should not destroy their childhood.

It is a wonderous thing.

I totally agree Swims.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 09:59 PM

Hi

Littlies are lovely.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Father Christmas, Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy.

It is a wonderous thing.
Couldn't agree more, I'm hoping she carries on believing for a bit longer, Christmas wouldn't be the same without my husband creeping out at midnight making glittery hoof prints where the reindeer came up the path.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I used to get 6d, it was a long time ago.
Kids got 50p, which rose to £1 with inflation.
I'm glad I haven't got wobbly toothed kids now. £10 does seem rather excessive to me.
I agree.

If this continues for all the usual milk teeth, that would equate to a £200 reward for a perfectly normal biological process.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 01:35 AM

From a very early age, I do not believe that they believe.

They cunningly scam their gullible, gushy parents, learn to fib convincingly and realize that their parents are untruthful as well.

The longer it goes on the more damage is done.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
From a very early age, I do not believe that they believe.

They cunningly scam their gullible, gushy parents, learn to fib convincingly and realize that their parents are untruthful as well.

The longer it goes on the more damage is done.
I would agree that the kids stop believing much earlier than the parents think... but no damage is done.
Children enjoy getting one over on their parents, it is part of growing up, so for those who experienced it, it is always a warm memory. Just imagine the giggles they have watching their parents try to think of a good reason because they have forgotten to replace the tooth with money. I don't believe that any child has a problem with hearing these little fibs and it helps them develop a sense of humour.
Maybe that is where things went wrong for you Pummy.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 08:23 AM

Hi

Littlies are lovely.

It is a wonderous thing.
I agree childhood is a time for a little magic.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top