Join for free
Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

31-07-2020, 03:34 PM

Re: What silly/stupid 'challenges' did you do as a teenager?

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
There is a thing about rendering unto Caesar

Anyway, back to the thread. Anyone remembe game of knocking the granny out of bed? I.e. ring a doorbell and scarper. We stopped after inadvertently doing it to a copper who recognised one of us
I have never heard of that 'game'. If I had dared do anything like so daft I would have had a severe thrashing. As it was I got enough of them for doing stupid things, but nothing that was illegal as that is.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
I have never heard of that 'game'. If I had dared do anything like so daft I would have had a severe thrashing. As it was I got enough of them for doing stupid things, but nothing that was illegal as that is.
Care to identify the law that was being broken? There may be one and presumably you know what it is anyway, so it'd be useful.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

31-07-2020, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Do we assume you had not passed a driving test?
Of course I had, my aunt wouldn't been crazy enough to lend me her car if I hadn't. However, I took it in my home island where in those days they didn't have roundabouts.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

31-07-2020, 03:39 PM

Care to identify the law that was being broken? There may be one and presumably you know what it is anyway, so it'd be useful.
Surely it is illegal to makes nuisances of yourselves like that, if it isn't it should be.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 03:41 PM

Of course I had, my aunt wouldn't been crazy enough to lend me her car if I hadn't. However, I took it in my home island where in those days they didn't have roundabouts.
Ah well, you got away with it. Am sure we've all made mistakes driving in foreign lands
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

31-07-2020, 03:46 PM

Surely it is illegal to makes nuisances of yourselves like that, if it isn't it should be.
Really don't know. Maybe someone on here might be able to advise in due course. Guess it's akin to nuisance phonecalls nowadays.

Reading your earlier posts, these appear to be accidental errors of judgement. Are you sure there weren't any silly pranks or dares you partook in?

Eg - once suggested that we should sing the wrong hymn at assembly of April 1st. Being a hard nosed RC school, this let to around 20 of us in the 6th form being excluded for a couple of days and a year 11 lad not only being booted out, but also being given the cane
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

31-07-2020, 03:53 PM

Really don't know. Maybe someone on here might be able to advise in due course.

Reading your earlier posts, these appear to be accidental errors of judgement. Are you sure there weren't any silly pranks or dares you partook in?

Eg - once suggested that we should sing the wrong hymn at assembly of April 1st. Being a hard nosed RC school, this let to around 20 of us in the 6th form being excluded for a couple of days and a year 11 lad not only being booted out, but also being given the cane
Absolutely not, I had two friends of whom my parents approved, whom I saw from time to time outside of school. They were sensible girls, I am still in touch with one them. I spent much of the rest of my time doing my own thing by myself, when I wasn't required to help out with my father's horticultural business, which was expected of my sisters and myself from the age of 8.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 03:57 PM

Why? No damage being done just a bit of typical kids stuff. We knew it as knock down ginger. A Manchester variation was to sorta fill a paper bag with dog crap, bit of paraffin from road lamps over it, set fire to it, rattle the knocker and RUN!

Victim comes out, sees the burning bag instinctively kicks the bag full of sweet violets away and gets slipper covered in crap as the bag splits open!

We had it done to us a few times.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 04:00 PM

Ah well, you got away with it. Am sure we've all made mistakes driving in foreign lands
LOL!

I certainly did! Got banged up in Nigeria for a couple of weeks before being deported in handcuffs. My mistake was getting caught!
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Why? No damage being done just a bit of typical kids stuff. We knew it as knock down ginger. A Manchester variation was to sorta fill a paper bag with dog crap, bit of paraffin from road lamps over it, set fire to it, rattle the knocker and RUN!

Victim comes out, sees the burning bag instinctively kicks the bag full of sweet violets away and gets slipper covered in crap as the bag splits open!

We had it done to us a few times.
Where I lived it was called 'cherry knocking' - without the paper bag and its contents of course; after all we were supposed to be the gentler sex ...

Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top