Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 10:28 AM

Re: How do you take being told off?

Back to the OP ---

I know a somewhat smutty joke about being told (or should it be tolled) off involving a dirty vicar and a church bell rope ---
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's how it should be but I get a bit annoyed even if I am in the wrong.
You must enjoy being annoyed Dongle. otherwise you wouldn't keep returning to LTP, where you are always wrong & get told off.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 10:36 AM

I got told off for going in the wrong door to the canteen at work as its one way even though there are barely any staff in yet, they haven't phased them in yet and there were only 3 of us in a huge canteen. Woman enjoyed telling me, i could tell. I wanted to say something about her being a jobs worth but i didnt lol.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I got told off for going in the wrong door to the canteen at work as its one way even though there are barely any staff in yet, they haven't phased them in yet and there were only 3 of us in a huge canteen. Woman enjoyed telling me, i could tell. I wanted to say something about her being a jobs worth but i didnt lol.
A rejoinder that I use on such occasions, and I REALLY do is "Excuse me, but I think you're confusing me with someone who gives a *damn"

By the time what I have said has sunk in I'm on my way.

The memsahib now does the same but like so often she snarls it.

* -- "Damn" can be replaced with any other word you feel appropriate under the circumstances.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You must enjoy being annoyed Dongle. otherwise you wouldn't keep returning to LTP, where you are always wrong & get told off.
Do you vivit LTP Twink? I have never seen you there.... or any ladies tbh.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Back to the OP ---

I know a somewhat smutty joke about being told (or should it be tolled) off involving a dirty vicar and a church bell rope ---
that sounds a-pealing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

31-07-2020, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
This is where my sarcasm might kick in. Something like. 'Oh, would you like me to go out and come back in again the right way?' which is exactly what I said to the woman in the shop although she didn't seem to notice the sarcastic tone.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 03:51 PM

Can't remember where I got the idea from (obviously not my own!!), but whenever I was late to school and told eg "you should have got here 10 minutes ago", I used to reply "why, what happened?".
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

31-07-2020, 03:58 PM

A telling off when I was a child usually ended in a thrashing.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

31-07-2020, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
A telling off when I was a child usually ended in a thrashing.
Mmmmm! Naaice!

Nowt wrong with a bit of flagellation - unless it's combined with bestiality and necrophilia at which time one finds oneself just flogging a dead horse!

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top