Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 04:05 PM

Re: What silly/stupid 'challenges' did you do as a teenager?

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
Where I lived it was called 'cherry knocking' - without the paper bag and its contents of course; after all we were supposed to be the gentler sex ...
I've always preferred rough sex.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
There is a thing about rendering unto Caesar

Anyway, back to the thread. Anyone remembe game of knocking the granny out of bed? I.e. ring a doorbell and scarper. We stopped after inadvertently doing it to a copper who recognised one of us

My friends and I,used to do that,we used to call it,knock on the door then scarper,

A friend of mine broke her arm ,she was running away,for some reason,her mum blamed me.

We also used to go round the houses at Christmas time and sing carols....they used to give us money,so we bought sweets with it.

Another time,we spent the change from the village shop,after a friend had done some shopping for her parents,we used it to phone the hotel,where the monkeys were staying ( group)....we got through as well...Davey Jones answered...we all started screaming..he put the phone down..
If I remember rightly,it was the Hilton Hotel.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
One shouldn't be deliberately cruel to an animal, but neither should you treat them as surrogate humans, as some people do. They should be treated like the species they are.
Your probably don't realise you were being cruel - a lot of people don't.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

01-08-2020, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Your probably don't realise you were being cruel - a lot of people don't.
I don't think people should be cruel to animals for the sake of being cruel, like engaging in dog fights for instance.

However, as animals of other species are there for human use, like food, clothing, and medical experiments, some pain is probably involved but it should kept to the minimum.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 10:52 AM

I don't think people should be cruel to animals for the sake of being cruel, like engaging in dog fights for instance.

However, as animals of other species are there for human use, like food, clothing, and medical experiments, some pain is probably involved but it should kept to the minimum.

I do hope WUM's like this, come back as an animal in their next life.

Have a nice day.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 11:29 AM

There's a few other things that animals provide for human use. Things such as friendship, companionship, care (as in the case of Service dogs) decoration - well our old Snot's no use for anything else - and many more besides.

We've bred animals, particularly dogs to be big / small / loyal and so much more besides just because that was what we wanted.

As an aside sometimes I look at things such as You breeds and wonder what sort of person would selectively breed such things from Timber Wolf stock!

Then there my absolute favourite breed. The amazingly wonderful Welsh Border Collie.

Those things are not dogs. They are love and loyalty on four legs, astonishingly intelligent, live WITH you and definitely are family members with only one fault.

When the time comes they have to be let go it breaks one's heart more than anyone who has not experienced the loss of a Border probably would not, in one case that right now springs to mind maybe could not understand.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

01-08-2020, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Have a nice day.
Do you eat meat, wear leather, or have medication, which has been tested on animals?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

01-08-2020, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Have a nice day.
Not sure if it's a WUM of not. I would rather hope it was.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

01-08-2020, 11:33 AM

Do you eat meat, wear leather, or have medication, which has been tested on animals?
Bit early in the year for chestnuts let alone old chestnuts.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There's a few other things that animals provide for human use. Things such as friendship, companionship, care (as in the case of Service dogs) decoration - well our old Snot's no use for anything else - and many more besides.

We've bred animals, particularly dogs to be big / small / loyal and so much more besides just because that was what we wanted.

As an aside sometimes I look at things such as You breeds and wonder what sort of person would selectively breed such things from Timber Wolf stock!

Then there my absolute favourite breed. The amazingly wonderful Welsh Border Collie.

Those things are not dogs. They are love and loyalty on four legs, astonishingly intelligent, live WITH you and definitely are family members with only one fault.

When the time comes they have to be let go it breaks one's heart more than anyone who has not experienced the loss of a Border probably would not, in one case that right now springs to mind maybe could not understand.

What a lovely post Todger.

I think you deserve one of these.

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top