Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 05:52 PM

Re: Animals and their uses

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
YES! Who says we are at the top of the pile?
Only the arrogant ones who find it ok to use all animals for their benefit.

Humans, by far, are the most dangerous animal on earth. Other animals have lived on earth for millions of years without destroying it. Humans have been here a few hundred thousand and will strip the earth of everything in the name of power and money. Humans have egos. Animals don’t.

Many of the things we do to other species who we share the earth with , are horrendous. The way humans are headed, is into extinction. We don’t know how to share our the earth with others

Don’t even get me started with those who purchase dogs merely to protect their property.
Very well explained - I agree with all of this!
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

01-08-2020, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
YES! Who says we are at the top of the pile?
Only the arrogant ones who find it ok to use all animals for their benefit.

Humans, by far, are the most dangerous animal on earth. Other animals have lived on earth for millions of years without destroying it. Humans have been here a few hundred thousand and will strip the earth of everything in the name of power and money. Humans have egos. Animals don’t.

Many of the things we do to other species who we share the earth with , are horrendous. The way humans are headed, is into extinction. We don’t know how to share our the earth with others

Don’t even get me started with those who purchase dogs merely to protect their property.
Animals have been used for benefit of humans since we climbed out of the primeval swamp.

Dogs are no more special than any other animal, but can be quite useful. I believe they eat them in China, I have no problem with that as long as they are killed as humanely as it is possible to do so.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 06:18 PM

Actually we are the top of the pile ....

Even so, we're not the ones best geared for survival, not physically anyway, and it's appalling how long it takes us to rear our young to an age where they can fend for themselves.

But what we have done to improve our chances of survival is use our brains .... and change the planet to suit our needs.
In doing so we've exploited earth, mined out all its minerals, marred it with motorways and contaminated it with air pollution and concreted over the natural habitat of many other species ... some to extinction. They don't stand a chance against Mankind.

We are the top of the pile .... until the day we extinguish ourselves.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
Animals have been used for benefit of humans since we climbed out of the primeval swamp.

Dogs are no more special than any other animal, but can be quite useful. I believe they eat them in China, I have no problem with that as long as they are killed as humanely as it is possible to do so.
Anything to get a reaction and cause a stir hey Tara.

I just sit and try to keep my face straight now when you start one of your wake-em-up threads.
I always remember when you once said once your husband became hard to look after, a burden ... you'd stick him in a home.
That was a kind of defining moment for me ...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 06:27 PM

Dogs are no more special than any other animal,
Rubbish.

Biological BreedsintelligentDog

Border Collie

Rottweiler

Golden Retriever
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 06:28 PM

All animals - including Homo Sapiens - are special in their own way.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

01-08-2020, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Anything to get a reaction and cause a stir hey Tara.

I just sit and try to keep my face straight now when you start one of your wake-em-up threads.
I always remember when you once said once your husband became hard to look after, a burden ... you'd stick him in a home.
That was a kind of defining moment for me ...
I say what I think, if others don't like what I say they don't have to read my posts.

As for my husband, I don't have a problem with putting him in a home if I can't cope anymore, I have been looking after him for 15 years. I know for a fact he would never have attempted to care for me if I was in his position, I would have been in a home from day 1.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 06:36 PM

Most human babies are born with empathy so one can only assume your parents who a sound dreadful pair did not encourage you to be empathetic to other living creatures
My parents although not interested in dogs and cats as pets -were horrified at any cruelty to animals they would not hurt a living thing much less a warm blooded sentient being . Cruelty to animals is but a prelude to cruelty to children . There are many ways of being cruel and emotional deprivation is one .
Perhaps that explains your general lack of empathy which comes over very strongly in your posts .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

01-08-2020, 06:36 PM

Never make any apologies for being who you are Tara ...
It's just I have this image of you ambling down the road at night, towing a wheelie bin behind you, searching for roadkill for tomorrow's tea.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 06:37 PM

I say what I think, if others don't like what I say they don't have to read my posts.

As for my husband, I don't have a problem with putting him in a home if I can't cope anymore, I have been looking after him for 15 years. I know for a fact he would never have attempted to care for me if I was in his position, I would have been in a home from day 1.
Why am I not surprised

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top