Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 05:35 AM

The end of america

As an American, I say with absolute certainty, that America has become a police state. One of the most dangerous things, if not the most dangerous thing, that can happen to anyone is to be stopped and questioned by the police.

In any given year, American cops kill at least 1,000 people/year.

The number of people who are brutalized by American cops greatly exceeds that number by a factor of one hundred. Don't think for one second that cops would not harm an elderly person. American cops would, and do, slam elderly persons to the ground. Many videos of such are all over the internet.

American cops have no moral problem with planting drugs and weapons on people. Nor do they have the slightest problem with lying under oath and convicting completely innocent people.

We have all heard of the "Black Lives Matter" movement. I say that such is only the tip of the iceberg. More whites are killed by American cops than are blacks. You might be on your way home from a late dinner date and you stop at 7-11 for a soda, or a cup of coffee. A cop sees you walking toward the store and he decides that you look "suspicious". God help you now.

You know you are completely innocent of any crime, and if you don't kiss his royal arse, the cop will up the ante and start physically crowding you. If you make the slightest movement that he decides is threatening, he will use that as an excuse to attack you or outright shoot you dead. Later, all he has to say is, "I feared for my life" and he will walk away scot free.

The end of America is at hand.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 05:52 AM

Re: The end of america

Yes BM it's looking very grave there right now. I've lived there - quite a few years back now; pre 9/11 - and I have visited since. I have noticed a decline in the good vibes that were everywhere in cities like San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago and NYC. THe cops are definitely a lot more on edge. Cops everywhere often have a huge sense of entitlement mixed with a fairly healthy and overly defensive paranoia..Viz.."We put our arses on the line to protect you people and you hate us! - well F you."..Trouble is everybody ends up being a bad guy. It's very scary seeing a once mighty nation being gamed and shafted. While the two "vultures" sit and watch..and wait. THat's one of the reasons why Australia is spending a third of a trillion dollars on high tech defence systems. The US is not a reliable ally any longer.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 08:52 AM

The problem is not the police. The problem is that civil war is on the verge of breaking out if not actually has broken out. I do believe it really is that serious.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Yes BM it's looking very grave there right now. I've lived there - quite a few years back now; pre 9/11 - and I have visited since. I have noticed a decline in the good vibes that were everywhere in cities like San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago and NYC. THe cops are definitely a lot more on edge. Cops everywhere often have a huge sense of entitlement mixed with a fairly healthy and overly defensive paranoia..Viz.."We put our arses on the line to protect you people and you hate us! - well F you."..Trouble is everybody ends up being a bad guy. It's very scary seeing a once mighty nation being gamed and shafted. While the two "vultures" sit and watch..and wait. THat's one of the reasons why Australia is spending a third of a trillion dollars on high tech defence systems. The US is not a reliable ally any longer.
Yeah, that's exactly how cops think of it. However, they take no responsibility for needless harassment of the people. Traffic cops need to be much more concerned with obviously dangerous behavior on the part of the citizenry. Speeding, running red lights and drunk driving need to be dealt with. However, stopping someone who has a burned out license plate light is merely an excuse to harass someone and to go out of his way to find tiny amounts of drugs like marijuana.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yeah, that's exactly how cops think of it. However, they take no responsibility for needless harassment of the people. Traffic cops need to be much more concerned with obviously dangerous behavior on the part of the citizenry. Speeding, running red lights and drunk driving need to be dealt with. However, stopping someone who has a burned out license plate light is merely an excuse to harass someone and to go out of his way to find tiny amounts of drugs like marijuana.
So don't carry weed in a car. Problem solved.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
So don't carry weed in a car. Problem solved.
And kiss the cops arse...
These days people stick their chests out and hide behind their human rights. I've found that being cocky and adapting a 'I'm offended and know my rights' attitude with a copper is always going to end in tears. And sometimes very expensive tears....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
And kiss the cops arse...
These days people stick their chests out and hide behind their human rights. I've found that being cocky and adapting a 'I'm offended and know my rights' attitude with a copper is always going to end in tears. And sometimes very expensive tears....
Surely not recently in the uk Foxey ? You must be talking about
years ago ! 😇😇

Donkeyman! !
bakerman
Mexico

07-09-2020, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
And kiss the cops arse…
I could not disagree more. Live on your knees if you like, but I'll be damned if I'll give up my constitutional rights. Down through history, too many men died to protect my rights. If I kissed the arse of some petty dictator, I'd feel like the ghosts of those men were hanging their heads in shame of me.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 11:19 AM

A significant part of the problem is due to the readily available access to guns. You need to employ people in the police who are naturally more gung-ho and laissez faire about human life.

Lose the gun and you'll largely solve the problem.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

07-09-2020, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I could not disagree more. Live on your knees if you like, but I'll be damned if I'll give up my constitutional rights. Down through history, too many men died to protect my rights. If I kissed the arse of some petty dictator, I'd feel like the ghosts of those men were hanging their heads in shame of me.
Your nation has changed beyond all recognition from how it and most importantly the population mix was in 1787.

It is no longer fit for purpose.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top