Re: Comprehensive Boiler Heating and Home Cover
A "home cover" policy usually includes:
- An annual boiler service
- 24/7 helpline
- Unlimited callouts
- Repairs to your gas boiler, flue and controls, including faults that prevent you from controlling the timings or temperature of your boiler
- Repairs to the wider central heating system, including radiators, water tanks, pipes and cylinders
- Repairs to your home's plumbing system and the parts of your water supply pipe that youíre responsible for
- Repairs to and unblocking of your homeís drains and waste pipes to restore flow within your property boundary
- Repairs to your homeís mains electrical wiring system (including circuits, fuse box, sockets and light fittings)
- Repairs to the gas supply pipe (the pipe that connects your gas meter to all other gas appliances)
- Free boiler replacement if it's less than 7 years old and can't be fixed
- Repairs for accidental damage
So, for example, recently, I put a call in to my provider for a plumber to fix my "non-flushing" WC - he arrived within 4 hours and fixed it (no charge for parts).
Earlier this year, i discovered that my tap water was not heating up. A call to my provider resulted in a British Gas engineer attending later that day - he stripped and checked the C/H boiler then replaced a malfunctioning controller, all FOC.
Even earlier this year, my back garden was flooded with sewage - a call to my provider resulted in Dyno-Rod attending within the hour - they established that the cause lay off my property and advised that I call the water supply company - no charge for attendance and advice - I then called the utility company to provide immediate attendance in the knowledge that it was their responsibility.
Frankly, I CBA "searching" for help when I most need it, having to wait days for attendance and then getting charged over-the-odds by Jack-the-Lad .....
For me, one call solves it all .....