Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 01:41 PM

Re: Environmental Health Issue

Update

Received the following reply this morning:-

I’m sorry for the delay in replying to you, due to an increased level of customer service requests in connection with the new Coronavirus Regulations.

I am assuming that the bin you refer to is a CYC waste bin and I have therefore referred your complaint to the Waste Management Office.

Regards,

I** H******* | Environmental Health Officer
So we play the waiting game again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Update

Received the following reply this morning:-

So we play the waiting game again.

Oh dear Tabs, passing the buck do you think?

As for it being suggested 'dog owners' take it home with them, once again it was made by a non-dog owner so doesn't see the problem.

What is someone supposed to do if their dog has just toiletted and there are no disposal bins?
Where would you put it - in your pocket?
If you still had a couple more places to go, you would not be welcome entering anywhere!

Unfortunately very few dogs could be trained to only go on the way home!

There is a need for sensibly sited bins, and if not, it will be back to the old days of it being left on the pavement like it used to be.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

As for it being suggested 'dog owners' take it home with them, once again it was made by a non-dog owner so doesn't see the problem.
Exactly, Mups, it is easy to condemn when one is not personally involved. I have no problem with the Dog Waste boxes themselves - I think they are an excellent idea - just not outside food shops - especially when there is a huge swathe of grass verge on the opposite side of the road and, more especially, not in this heat!

There is a need for sensibly sited bins, and if not, it will be back to the old days of it being left on the pavement like it used to be.
I completely agree and would hate to see those days return.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 05:34 PM

What is someone supposed to do if their dog has just toiletted and there are no disposal bins?
Where would you put it - in your pocket?
If you still had a couple more places to go, you would not be welcome entering anywhere!

Unfortunately very few dogs could be trained to only go on the way home!

Your use of the past tense is abit premature Mups I think??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 06:08 PM

I am very satisfied with the dog waste bin on my lane because it has been placed away from any houses & on the side of the lane where there is no pavement. It is no trouble for the dog walkers to use & it doesn't upset any of the residents....in fact dog owners usually make sure they pass the bin when they take their dogs for a walk.

Good planning, with these bins, makes people more conscious of the need to use them and, like you Tabby I would be furious if I found one outside a shop that sells food.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Your use of the past tense is abit premature Mups I think??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔

Ey? Which bit are you referring to Donkeyman?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-06-2020, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am very satisfied with the dog waste bin on my lane because it has been placed away from any houses & on the side of the lane where there is no pavement. It is no trouble for the dog walkers to use & it doesn't upset any of the residents....in fact dog owners usually make sure they pass the bin when they take their dogs for a walk.

Good planning, with these bins, makes people more conscious of the need to use them and, like you Tabby I would be furious if I found one outside a shop that sells food.

I agree. Inf act I'd go further and say they shouldn't be near ANY shop doorway, let alone a food shop. That's disgusting.

I still can't understand how it got put there even.
Unless workmen sneaked up and did the job at midnight, surely the shop owners would have seen it arriving, and phoned the council before it even got installed?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 07:21 PM

Ey? Which bit are you referring to Donkeyman?
The supposition that the days of dog shyte on your shoes are
past Mups?
Still quite a hazard in melton despite plenty of doggie boxes!!

Donkeyman! 😟😟
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-06-2020, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The supposition that the days of dog shyte on your shoes are
past Mups?
Still quite a hazard in melton despite plenty of doggie boxes!!

Donkeyman! 😟😟

Oh I see.

What I meant was, if (as was suggested), 'responsible dog owners' had to take it home with them, and there were no bins anymore, a lot of people would leave it where it was, just as they used to when I was a kid.

You say it is still a problem in Melton, but I wager that is nothing to what it would be if there were no bins.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 05:29 AM

Hi

EHO and Public Health are one and the same thing.

EHOs have been charged with ensuring that the shops that are reopening are complying with the rules.

This is a joke, as the cuts have resulted in shops etc only being inspected once every 10 years.

I am not currently a dog owner, I had dogs for 41 years and have always taken the poo home.

If you have a dog you should not expect others to pay for it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top