Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 10:11 PM

Re: GB TV is Coming !

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Got to be better than GMTV, no cheapshot Chav competitions I hope.
I gather it's just a news channel.

It would be nice to have a TV news channel which is happy to provide unbiased information without being subjected to brushing certain matters under the carpet.

How can anyone who believes in our freedom of choice object to factual evidence being made public, even if it upsets certain elements of society.

If it is authentic and unexaggerated truth, who can possibly object to it, other than the overtly biased?
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 10:23 PM

And I suppose being biased in favour of a far right agenda will not be bias at all - for the ruining dogs, easily swayed and hard of thinking, that is. it will be the rest of us that will suffer.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 10:27 PM

We used to be stuck between a Rock and a Hard place, we now have neither and are still stuck, that can not be good.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 10:28 PM

There is nowhere to lean anymore.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
And I suppose being biased in favour of a far right agenda will not be bias at all - for the ruining dogs, easily swayed and hard of thinking, that is. it will be the rest of us that will suffer.
Really? Is that what I said?

Or is it simply that anything other than the far left is considered by some as being 'far right'?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 11:23 PM

I wonder if Katie will be a presenter...
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Really? Is that what I said?

Or is it simply that anything other than the far left is considered by some as being 'far right'?
The far right cannot seem to comprehend that when the naysayers are on the periphery even a balanced news position seems to be biased against them when the reality is they are biased against everything except their own poisonous viewpoint. If this is not the case then why the yearning for Farage, Hopkins et al to take part?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
The far right cannot seem to comprehend that when the naysayers are on the periphery even a balanced news position seems to be biased against them when the reality is they are biased against everything except their own poisonous viewpoint. If this is not the case then why the yearning for Farage, Hopkins et al to take part?

Don't worry, a proper news channel is coming out.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

30-08-2020, 12:01 AM

I'm not going to argue the toss about bias.

The one thing there cannot be any argument about is when news media, rather than putting their own spin on a story, refuse to even publish it.

There have been many examples of the BBC doing exactly that, some on this forum.

By all means either put a spin on the story according to your political leanings (either left or right) and those of us with a brain can interpret the report accordingly.

However, simply refusing to mention a topic because it goes against your beliefs is far worse. Pretending that something doesn't exist is on a hiding to nothing because, sure as eggs is eggs, someone else will have recorded and published it.

The consequence is that everyone will then see for themselves your particular bias and will conclude that you are not fit to be called a news agency.
Devo
SW UK

30-08-2020, 12:23 AM

As I see it, the BBC is biased towards the Tories. They have been browbeaten, threatened, bullied so much they are utterly subservient and do what they are told and what is expected of them. The suggestion that their bias goes the other way is risible. It is only the right wing medias and their incessant campaign to see the BBC abolished that has ingrained the opposite lie.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top