Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 01:15 PM

RNC 2020: Trump lays out re-election agenda

Trump spoke for a record breaking 70 minutes - the full speech can be read elsewhere on the internet.

A few "soundbites" caught my attention:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-53942272

Covid-19

"We are delivering lifesaving therapies, and will produce a vaccine before the end of the year, or maybe even sooner," Trump said. "We will defeat the virus, end the pandemic, and emerge stronger than ever before."

Race

"I have done more in three years for the black community than Joe Biden has done in 47 years," Trump said. "And when I'm re-elected, the best is yet to come."

Law and order

"Your vote will decide whether we protect law abiding Americans, or whether we give free reign to violent anarchists, agitators, and criminals who threaten our citizens," Trump said.

Biden

Trump warned that Biden would raise taxes and energy costs, encourage more undocumented migration, release criminals on the streets and "confiscate your guns".

Us and Them

"Always remember," Trump said in a reprise of a line he has said before, "they are coming after me, because I am fighting for you."
If I didn't laugh I'd despair that redneck attitudes still prevail at the top of the US administration .....

McCarthy v Commies all over again .....

Still, we might yet see a Truman v Dewey result in the election .....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 01:47 PM

Re: RNC 2020: Trump lays out re-election agenda

If you want a real laugh, watch this - move it forward to about 2 hours and 3 minutes and listen to Mike Graham and Sebastian Gorka tear Biden, Harris, Obama and the morons apart.

Pay particular interest to Trumps achievements in his first term compared with Bidens nothing in his 47 year political career. Apart from groping kids, dodgy deals with Beijing and Iraq, oh and appointing someone to be his Vice President that thinks he is a bigger cretin that Trump does.

This is why you and Annie won't answer my questions

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 02:49 PM

Donald Trump's convention speech fact-checked

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53922706

Mr Trump spoke for over an hour and made a series of claims. We've fact-checked some of them.

Claim 1: "If you give power to Joe Biden, the radical left will defund police departments all across America"
No evidence supplied to support assertion (Lie)

Donald Trump and other Republicans have claimed that Joe Biden supports this but Mr Biden has said repeatedly that he does not.

In June, he told CBS News: "I don't support defunding the police". Mr Biden repeated this view in an opinion piece for USA Today, calling for reform of the police. "I do not support defunding police. The better answer is to give police departments the resources they need to implement meaningful reforms, and to condition other federal dollars on completing those reforms," he wrote. He's also said he would provide "an additional $300 million to reinvigorate community policing".
Ah, Trump's tried and trusted technique - "repeat it often enough and the mugs will believe it" .....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Donald Trump's convention speech fact-checked

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53922706

Ah, Trump's tried and trusted technique - "repeat it often enough and the mugs will believe it" .....
And your quoting the BBC and it's "fact checking"

Yeah brilliant Omah... just brilliant
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 04:33 PM

I noticed that his wife's smile fades very quickly, she looks quite sad or upset.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

28-08-2020, 04:46 PM

Claim 2: "We have already built 300 miles of border wall"

Over-exaggeration (Lie)

Since January 2017, when Mr Trump assumed the presidency, 275 miles of wall along the border with Mexico has been completed, according to the latest US Customs and Border Protection report.

However, most of that was to replace existing structures. A total of 245 miles of wall has been built in place of old barriers. Only 30 miles of new wall has actually been built. Most of this (25 miles) is what's called "secondary wall", which is constructed to reinforce the primary border barrier. The border with Mexico is about 2,000 miles long.
So, actual new (primary) wall is 5 miles .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

28-08-2020, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I noticed that his wife's smile fades very quickly, she looks quite sad or upset.
Indeed ..... and it's not that the eyes are "dead" or "cold" but, as you say, they are sad .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 04:54 PM

He could save a great deal of money. Just deposit spent nuclear fuel or razor wire coated with the 'orrible stuff.

Best of all don't tell the illegals, let the cancer come as a surprise after a few months.

Even though the invaders might cross the border they wouldn't last long.

I REALLY don't like illegal immigrants
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

28-08-2020, 05:14 PM

Your splitting hairs ... fixing the wall is just as good as building the wall.

The USA has a right to protect it's borders. Thats what people voted for in 2016. The democrats have consistently tried to stop the people getting what they voted for - a big mistake and the lessons will be learned as they were in the UK in the General Election in 2019
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

28-08-2020, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Who's Bidens ?

Maybe it's because Biden can't remember her name

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top