Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 01:39 PM

The Rule of Six.

Hi

Not thought out in my view,

Locally, Gran is a Carer, so is daughter.

They live together, with daughters 2 kids.

She has two other daughters, both Nurses , who drop their kids off in the morning for school and then pick them up after school.

She will now be breaking the rules even though all the kids go to the same school together.

This is a nonsense.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 01:45 PM

Re: The Rule of Six.

If anyone thinks I'll be cancelling my family Christmas arrangements, they can go and copulate with themselves. My dining table with space for twelve will be set for twelve as in previous years and a good feed up will be enjoyed by us all. What a load of old bollocks!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 02:13 PM

The Rule of Six.
We should put aside personal inconveniences and sacrifices for the greater good of the whole community .
My nephew passed out yesterday having completed his preliminary Army training , none of his family were allowed to share his proud moment, that is life in a C19 world time we got used to it.

Some people are being selfish considering only themselves as the rates of C19 infection and the R rate rise again.

I listened earlier to an item on the radio from India where there were no beds or oxygen available for C19 patients, their system is so overwhelmed people are just being left to die in huge numbers. We manage to avoid that so far but there was a time at the start of the pandemic when i understand we came close to our system being overwhelmed.

Do those selfish people grumbling about missing a few events ever stop to think about those who were at the sharp end of dealing with the pandemic and don't want to see a return to the possibility of our system being overwhelmed
and thousands dying.

If more people had stuck to the guidance given by the health professionals with regard to distancing etc in the first place we would't be in the situation we find ourselves in now.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 02:32 PM

It is a sad fact that many think " It won't happen to me"... but it does!
This virus has already killed many thousands of people, and the more who catch it, the more will die. If we reach a situation where too many catch it then medical care will only be available for some. If more doctors & nurses catch it there is a chance that there will be no care at all & much of the population may die.

It is easy to say " I am not going to let it change my plans" but how would you feel if the people you cared about died, just because you wouldn't change your plans.
I would prefer to know my loved ones are safe & well, even if they can't enjoy social functions as they used to. Once you are dead all social functions will disappear!

It is easy to criticize the government rules, but those who don't follow them will have nobody to blame but themselves if care is not there when they catch it!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
We should put aside personal inconveniences and sacrifices for the greater good of the whole community .
My nephew passed out yesterday having completed his preliminary Army training , none of his family were allowed to share his proud moment, that is life in a C19 world time we got used to it.

Some people are being selfish considering only themselves as the rates of C19 infection and the R rate rise again.

I listened earlier to an item on the radio from India where there were no beds or oxygen available for C19 patients, their system is so overwhelmed people are just being left to die in huge numbers. We manage to avoid that so far but there was a time at the start of the pandemic when i understand we came close to our system being overwhelmed.

Do those selfish people grumbling about missing a few events ever stop to think about those who were at the sharp end of dealing with the pandemic and don't want to see a return to the possibility of our system being overwhelmed
and thousands dying.

If more people had stuck to the guidance given by the health professionals with regard to distancing etc in the first place we would't be in the situation we find ourselves in now.
Good post Meg, I agree wholeheartedly...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It is a sad fact that many think " It won't happen to me"... but it does!
This virus has already killed many thousands of people, and the more who catch it, the more will die. If we reach a situation where too many catch it then medical care will only be available for some. If more doctors & nurses catch it there is a chance that there will be no care at all & much of the population may die.

It is easy to say " I am not going to let it change my plans" but how would you feel if the people you cared about died, just because you wouldn't change your plans.
I would prefer to know my loved ones are safe & well, even if they can't enjoy social functions as they used to. Once you are dead all social functions will disappear!

It is easy to criticize the government rules, but those who don't follow them will have nobody to blame but themselves if care is not there when they catch it!
Another good post, well said Twinks..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

and thousands dying.

Excellent post, Meg, I agree with every word.

Having had further surgery last Monday I am back in strict quarantine again until the wound is healed. I loathe having to rely on Sainsbury's, neighbours, and friends for my shopping - but bless them for doing it. I loathe the fact I had to miss a dear friend's funeral. I loathe that I cannot just take off to the seaside for a day or ask a friend to come round for a chat. But - those are the current rules I have to live by. If it keeps myself and others around me safe from this filthy virus then so be it - I will comply.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 04:42 PM

I agree, but you should not need to be given a number to work to, at the start of this Politicians were shaking hands, folks were crowding unmasked onto Tube Trains, Public events were still being held, it is hard to see now, as none of the occurrences of this type are allowed, how it is possible to return to the levels experienced at the start back then.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 05:25 PM

I agree with all the above sentiments. However, they should make an exception for young children given many are already mixing at school all day.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 05:30 PM

A pity they don't extend those rules to the number of protesters causing damage and disruption in large numbers.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top