Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 03:29 PM

US election 2020: Bloomberg donates $100m for Biden in Florida

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54140308

Billionaire Mike Bloomberg has pledged at least $100m (£78m) to help Democrat Joe Biden's presidential campaign in Florida. Mr Bloomberg already spent $1bn this year trying to defeat Mr Biden to become the Democratic challenger. Mr Bloomberg endorsed Mr Biden after failing to win the Democratic nomination and spoke in a prime-time slot at the Democratic convention in August.

Of the battleground states Florida offers the biggest share of the electoral college votes needed to win. Florida offers 29 of the 270 electoral college voters needed to win the election. Only California (55) and Texas (38) offer more but are seen as safe Democrat and Republican territory respectively. President Trump won Florida in 2016, while Democrat Barack Obama took the state in 2012.
Donald Trump has hinted he will spend his own money in the state ahead of early voting opening on 24 September. Earlier this week when asked by journalists if he was considering spending his own money in Florida, Mr Trump told reporters "If I have to, I will. Whatever it takes, we have to win."

Both campaigns are keen to appeal to voters who may be casting their votes early by post and set the tone of the final weeks of their campaigns. Postal voting is expected to be double that seen in 2016 as the coronavirus pandemic spurs voters to avoid polling stations.

The president initially had a significant financial advantage over his rival but Mr Biden's successful fundraising has closed the gap. A Cook Political Report poll this week suggested that the contest in Florida is narrowing, with Mr Trump improving his standing in the race there. Nationally Mr Biden is leading in the polls.
Money talks .....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 03:33 PM

Re: US election 2020: Bloomberg donates $100m for Biden in Florida

Originally Posted by Omah ->

Money talks .....
In this case, it's money down the drain.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
In this case, it's money down the drain.
Of course it is .....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 11:09 PM

The guy's a kiss of death to a campaign. I had high hopes when I first saw him as a candidate but....well maybe I am wrong. But imagine how much he could have done for charity with all that money.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

14-09-2020, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The guy's a kiss of death to a campaign. I had high hopes when I first saw him as a candidate but....well maybe I am wrong. But imagine how much he could have done for charity with all that money.
That's not the American way during an election .....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 11:54 PM

I just think it's shocking that the world's most developed economy now has so much poverty and misery.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

15-09-2020, 12:08 AM

I just think it's shocking that the world's most developed economy now has so much poverty and misery.
Self-aggrandisement at the expense of others - it's the American way .....

Only in America can a man be as thick as two short planks but still become President .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 10:35 AM

His money - his choice. As for charity, personally I wouldn't give a red cent to ANY charity.

A charitable act , that's a different matter but there's damn few if any that aren't money making organisations.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 10:07 AM

You have got to snigger.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/flo...lp-felons-vote

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top