Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 09:29 PM

What musical instrument do you play?

I played the guitar for many years.

I love to hear someone playing the piano or the violin.

Tell me, what do you play......or do you sing?

I know some of the men here are going to say they sing in the shower...... hahaha, is that you?

Does anyone play the bagpipes. My mother is from Glasgow and she loved the bagpipes.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 09:34 PM

Re: What musical instrument do you play?

Paper and comb.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 09:35 PM

Keyboards and saxophone !
But my main instrument is my voice.
I played professionally long ago
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Keyboards and saxophone !
But my main instrument is my voice.
I played professionally long ago
Oh Bratti, you are talented....and you can sing, what a bonus...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

08-03-2018, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
Paper and comb.
What does paper and comb mean rhosyn?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 09:45 PM

I play piano but I am totally out of practice and rusty. My father is an excellent pianist who at aged 16 was called a 'Boy Wonder' He played round pubs and clubs and even on theatre stage on the same bill as famous people.
I can sing a little but I don't like to sing in front of others because I get nervous, same with playing piano really, I never really have confidence in my own abilities which is a shame.
I come from a very musical family, my father played piano, my mother was a beautiful singer, one uncle played guitar, another uncle played guitar and sang, my sisters sang and my grandmother played harmonica. When I was a little girl our family used to entertain in old peoples homes, I didn't play piano at that time but they had me singing, a song I can always remember singing in the old peoples homes was called 'one little robin' (in a cherry tree. I used to do the actions too haha.
When I was in high school I also played the baritone and euphonium, I always wanted to play the clarinet but my school music teacher wouldn't let me because he wanted me to concentrate on baritone and he didn't have time to teach me anything else. I once played in Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band!! Not for long though, they were so advanced in their playing and I didn't had the confidence, again my confidence let me down.

Sorry for the essay but thanks for starting this thread, it's brought back such happy memories for me, especially our family entertainment unit!

Oh, and I can tap dance too!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

08-03-2018, 10:16 PM

Oh Lion, what an interesting post. Thank you for sharing all that. I know what you mean when you say you were nervous, I was too, every time I had to play in front of people, even at small parties, I was still nervous....

I come from a musical family also.

I also tap danced and toe ballet.....

Thanks Lion, I enjoyed hearing from you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 11:15 PM

I used to play the piano a bit as a child.
Wish I had kept it up now, as I still like piano music.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 11:23 PM

I play the piano or did no longer have a piano .
At school played the cello.
For years I tried to play the guitar and eventually accepted I would never make a guitar player and sold the guitar .
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 11:27 PM

I can play the Harmonica and i can sing very well at Karaoke

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top