Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 06:38 AM

Re: The land of milk and honey - boomerangs and kangas!

The UN has a go at the lucky country

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...-migration-act
Bayardicus
Australia
Bayardicus is male  Bayardicus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 11:24 AM

...Maybe she is after a ring side seat for Har...meggido....!!!
Bayardicus
Australia
Bayardicus is male  Bayardicus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 11:26 AM

In response to Muddy`s comment....Maybe they are running short of countries to whinge about...although, i can`t think why....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I see the new PM thinks moving the embassy to Jerusalem would be OK.
High proportion of Jews in the important seat Turnbull vacated.
To quote Marx (Groucho) :"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
I just love Groucho Marx........
And I also love Australia......

I've never been, but ever since I chose Australia as a school project (many, many years ago)I have loved the place ever since.....I've forgotten most of the stuff I learned, but never miss a programme on the telly about Aus....'Aussie Gold Hunters' 'Aussie Railroads' and anything else I can find. Not so much the politics, I couldn't give a dead rats ass about that, but the geology, the wild places and the weather....If I wasn't such a lazy G*t I'd be on the next plane out there...
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I just love Groucho Marx........
And I also love Australia......

I've never been, but ever since I chose Australia as a school project (many, many years ago)I have loved the place ever since.....I've forgotten most of the stuff I learned, but never miss a programme on the telly about Aus....'Aussie Gold Hunters' 'Aussie Railroads' and anything else I can find. Not so much the politics, I couldn't give a dead rats ass about that, but the geology, the wild places and the weather....If I wasn't such a lazy G*t I'd be on the next plane out there...

you'd be very welcome and I guarantee you'd never go back - why?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
That's what worries me Gumbud.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Coz he's too Lazy!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-10-2018, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Coz he's too Lazy!
You know me so well Spitty....
Bayardicus
Australia

17-10-2018, 11:27 AM

Ummmnn. Probably best to stay right where he is...At least, he`ll remain well and truly in his Comfort Zone, which is a very important aspect, regardless of what anyone might say. In order to settle successfully in a place like Oz....one really has to do it while they are still relatively young....and adventurous.
As for me, well...i`ve been here for so long that, if i were to venture back to the ''old country'' now, i would definitely feel out of my comfort zone...!!
Bayardicus
Australia

17-10-2018, 11:32 AM

You should listen to the ''Clancy of the Overflow'' song, as sung by Wallis and Matilda. A very poignant reflection of the old Australia. Taken from the poem by Banjo Patterson, of course. and set to music.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top