Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 06:34 PM

Re: EU Interference

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It's January you have to worry about.

We love it !
But we don't. Between July and September, the Council establishes and adopts its position, which the Parliament can either approve or amend within the ensuing month.

The EU annual budget is usually adopted by the end of the previous year. In case agreement cannot the reached, the new budget follows the 'provisional twelfths' rule:*no more than one twelfth of the budget for the previous year can be spent each month.*

Sensible provision, don't you agree?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
But we don't. Between July and September, the Council establishes and adopts its position, which the Parliament can either approve or amend within the ensuing month.

The EU annual budget is usually adopted by the end of the previous year. In case agreement cannot the reached, the new budget follows the 'provisional twelfths' rule:*no more than one twelfth of the budget for the previous year can be spent each month.*

Sensible provision, don't you agree?

So what is your 2020 - 2027 budget then?

Give me the figure - I bet you can't
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 11:47 PM

So what is your 2020 - 2027 budget then?

Give me the figure - I bet you can't
No of course I can't. If you had read my post, and someone as omnipotent as you should know it anyway, "the annual budget is usually adopted by the previous year".

The next MFF is 2021-2027, and to be set by europarliament in december 2020, so in the future.

You erroneously asked for 2020-2027, but that refers not to a budget but a MFF, and for that period doesn't exist. Don't feel humiliated, nobody can know everything, not even a loaf, or bread.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 11:58 PM

No of course I can't. If you had read my post, and someone as omnipotent as you should know it anyway, "the annual budget is usually adopted by the previous year".

The next MFF is 2021-2027, and to be set by europarliament in december 2020, so in the future.

You erroneously asked for 2020-2027, but that refers not to a budget but a MFF, and for that period doesn't exist. Don't feel humiliated, nobody can know everything, not even a loaf, or bread.

All your talks have failed so far.

Tick tock tick tock ....

Its becoming a habit in the EU ...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-05-2020, 12:00 AM

All your talks have failed so far.

Tick tock tick tock ....

Its becoming a habit in the EU ...
And another of your arguments shot down in flames. It's becoming a habit with you.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

27-05-2020, 12:21 AM

And another of your arguments shot down in flames. It's becoming a habit with you.
Nope

You still cant tell me your budget - its June next week. You already failed to get agreement so far ....

Von der leyen already increased the budget in her speech and the UK has left... why can't you agree your budget ?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 03:38 PM

Nope

You still cant tell me your budget - its June next week. You already failed to get agreement so far ....

Von der leyen already increased the budget in her speech and the UK has left... why can't you agree your budget ?
Because they can't agree on who's going to pay our share. What a joke. They knew we were leaving, they could have reduced their budget to take that into account but, no, they INCREASED it!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-05-2020, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Because they can't agree on who's going to pay our share. What a joke. They knew we were leaving, they could have reduced their budget to take that into account but, no, they INCREASED it!
But son, your share of the 2020 budget, approx. £ 1 bn every month, is duly paid by the UK during the transition period.
The MFF 2021-2027 is presently under consideration. In principal, it will be decided upon by the europarliament in december 2020.
As usual, your little friend bread just doesn't know what he is talking about.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top