Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 05:05 PM

Re: Taking the Knee on F1

I'm so glad I avoided the news this weekend, sounds like it would have got under my white skin. Who does he think he is? Some sort of God? Chains around his neck, oh please.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
No I don't agree with taking the knee.
What is it?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 05:38 PM

What is what?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 05:46 PM

Those drivers who chose to stand, said to be unsettled by the political direction taken by the leadership of the Black Lives Matter movement. From one of the drivers.

“I believe what matters are facts and behaviours in our daily life rather than formal gestures. I will not take the knee but this does not mean at all that I am less committed than others in the fight against racism.”
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 06:11 PM

Wow, let’s bash Lewis for taking a stand, firstly, it wasn’t his idea to take the knee, it was raised at the drivers meeting, by two of the drivers, Roman grosjean being one of them, he only took the decision to kneel late on Saturday and at no time put pressure on the other drivers to do so, secondly, Mercedes took the decision to change the livery on their cars, no driver has that input to any team, Hamilton has started his own foundation to help people less fortunate, he has his own private jet, as does Bruce Dickinson ( iron maiden ) and John travolta ( actor) , most racing drivers live in Monaco no doubt due to tax reasons ( although they probably deny it) so he’s by no way the only one, a privileged background, he lived in a council house and his dad, Anthony, had to work two even three jobs to keep racing,
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 07:09 PM

https://billmuehlenberg.com/2020/06/...-lives-matter/

Some are taking the moral high ground, ignoring the BLM hypocrisy.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 07:55 PM

I never liked him and now I know why.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 07:59 PM

BLM is doing a lot of damage to race relations. Hamilton is too dumb to see it.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Wow, let’s bash Lewis for taking a stand, firstly, it wasn’t his idea to take the knee, it was raised at the drivers meeting, by two of the drivers, Roman grosjean being one of them, he only took the decision to kneel late on Saturday and at no time put pressure on the other drivers to do so, secondly, Mercedes took the decision to change the livery on their cars, no driver has that input to any team, Hamilton has started his own foundation to help people less fortunate, he has his own private jet, as does Bruce Dickinson ( iron maiden ) and John travolta ( actor) , most racing drivers live in Monaco no doubt due to tax reasons ( although they probably deny it) so he’s by no way the only one, a privileged background, he lived in a council house and his dad, Anthony, had to work two even three jobs to keep racing,
My arse. Foundations are tax-fiddling schemes, create a foundation, get charitable status and pump money into it and get tax-relief. There aren't many recipients benefiting from these foundations. By the time the owners and organisers of these schemes have sucked out their expenses and running costs, there's precious little, if anything, left to give to those they are created to help.

And as for his council house `slum` he was brought up in and couldn't wait to get out of, it was a three-bedroomed semi which is now valued at £1M - his dad working two or three jobs is also a fantasy to create the poor boy makes good image. And how did he pay his dad for this supposed largess? He sacked him.

And another thing while I'm in the mood - maybe it wasn't his idea to `take the knee` but it was his idea to wear the ridiculous chain and padlock to emphasise his `slave` roots.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
BLM is doing a lot of damage to race relations. Hamilton is too dumb to see it.
This is my thoughts exactly.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top