Join for free
Page 631 of 1676 « First < 131 531 581 621 629 630 631 632 633 641 681 731 1131 1631 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 03:06 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Young Robert I saw the premier of La La Land in London. It has two endings, which one is yours?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 03:47 PM

Icidentally,Sweetie,your addition in a previous post has MANY times been postulated and revised by a huge variance of scientific data,accumulated and revided many times in order to attain a working plausibility.
The theroretical incident the article refers to is known as a 'transversible wormhole,utilising the cloning of quantum cryptography-as first postulated as a plausible possibility,although not [yet] a probability-in the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.
The main problem-there are several,but none seem insurmountable,is that both mass and inverse gravitational effect are present in the theorum,which requires either a fully,truly massless particle or a quantum field of inverse proportional equalities,to fully negate requirement for said particle to transverse the 'wormhole'. This is because,by definition,a particle-even one without mass,takes TIME to complete the transformation-and time,is exactly what the equasive mathematics involved in this theorem is trying to negate. ...ok,ok...I'll shut up....sorry....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Icidentally,Sweetie,your addition in a previous post has MANY times been postulated and revised by a huge variance of scientific data,accumulated and revided many times in order to attain a working plausibility.
The theroretical incident the article refers to is known as a 'transversible wormhole,utilising the cloning of quantum cryptography-as first postulated as a plausible possibility,although not [yet] a probability-in the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.
The main problem-there are several,but none seem insurmountable,is that both mass and inverse gravitationIal effect are present in the theorum,which requires either a fully,truly massless particle or a quantum field of inverse proportional equalities,to fully negate requirement for said particle to transverse the 'wormhole'. This is because,by definition,a particle-even one without mass,takes TIME to complete the transformation-and time,is exactly what the equasive mathematics involved in this theorem is trying to negate. ...ok,ok...I'll shut up....sorry....
Lovely reply there Pugsy Bear. I see the amount of funding that goes along with these theories. But, I say with tongue in cheek, many a theory in the distant past, was proven.
It is when science fiction becomes science fact.
I personally think it is unlikely, but who am I to doubt such eminent scientists? By the way, and shhh, I did know about your answer, just wanted to see what you said.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 09:22 PM

Be God Gummy you cut a fine figure of a man there jitterbugging the night away, a real Liam Neeson look alike, there's many who would kill for a waist like that today, and a fine head of reddish hair into the bargain, I hope you still got it, the hair I mean.

RJ, Our local parish hall was showing double bills of old films last summer, two caught my eye as I passed the notice board.
"One of our Dinosaurs is Missing"
……..
"One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"

Indeed Solo, travelling and drink can lead one into some strange situations. Richard Harris's story about telling the wife he was going out for a packet of fags and ending up in a bar in The Bronx, is sort of similar to an experience I had as a young man, although I was going out for a bottle of milk and ended up in Kilkenny, not quite the USA, and I was led astray, it's a long story as you could imagine, but I had the right intentions at the outset, a bottle of milk then home again.
I received a stiff punishment for that one, a month in the dog house and then two months off the beer, served me right I suppose.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 10:38 PM

Can stan beat the rush
Beat the rush without the fuss
Does he need to go this way
He needs to for his monthly pay
It’s a daily grind and rush
He beats the rush and boards the bus
Its always been fast for him
His fat wage pack causes him to grin
Rush and grind
Life is unkind
All for his monthly wage
He could have performed upon the stage
Even though he’s of great age
He is my kind of sage
(C)

Thus proving that merely rhyming doesn't make poetry
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

02-05-2018, 10:39 PM

No-one here?
Back to the bar then.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
No-one here?
Back to the bar then.
Bah! I have come to be one of the great armies of invisible old gits.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Can stan beat the rush
Beat the rush without the fuss
Does he need to go this way
He needs to for his monthly pay
It’s a daily grind and rush
He beats the rush and boards the bus
Its always been fast for him
His fat wage pack causes him to grin
Rush and grind
Life is unkind
All for his monthly wage
He could have performed upon the stage
Even though he’s of great age
He is my kind of sage
(C)

Thus proving that merely rhyming doesn't make poetry

Maybe not, but the mention of Onions would have bought a tear to my Eye.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

02-05-2018, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Bah! I have come to be one of the great armies of invisible old gits.
You can stop that nonsense.
I almost agreed to let you be behind me, with the Panto horse, until I read you were stiff!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
You can stop that nonsense.
I almost agreed to let you be behind me, with the Panto horse, until I read you were stiff!
That is a "Eye" opener, in that context.

Page 631 of 1676 « First < 131 531 581 621 629 630 631 632 633 641 681 731 1131 1631 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top