Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 05:59 AM

Happy Sunday Folk.

My son and his partner who treated us to a meal last night at a posh pub. This was a thank-you for our financial and physical help in moving into their new house. In addition they gave Sheila a huge bunch of flowers and me a bottle of fine port. Most important they had written the following on a card - "To mum and dad, To say thankyou for your help with the house, the car, the meals on wheels, the garden, the money, the constant support, you're both great! Much appreciated and treasured. Love from, Ian and Denise." When she read it Sheila shed a tear and I had a lump in my throat. We have great kids.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 07:08 AM

Re: Happy Sunday Folk.

Yes Alan, and they have great parents by the sounds of it...

Good morning folks, clear sky here and 8 deg. so looking forward to a nice day.

Nothing special planned, just walking the dogs and clearing up around the garden will suffice methinks.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 07:43 AM

Brought a tear to me eye Alan - smashing picture
Good morning all
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 08:47 AM

Good morning everyone,

Lovely photo Alan and beautiful sentiments from the lovely couple. Obviously a very close family.

Have a lovely day everyone, God bless.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 09:54 AM

Good morning fellow members foggy at the moment but there is the promise of some sun later.

Lots of ironing to do this morning and a lunch of lamb with rosemary and garlic to which I am looking forward.

Enjoy your day everyone
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 10:01 AM

Good morning everyone. Alan its a tearjerker when you get sentiments from your family like that. Obviously a lovely family with lovely parents

I'm still in bed. A wee Sunday morning lie in. Back to work tomorrow after three weeks. Been told there's a huge backlog waiting for me. Think I'll spend today in bed to brace myself

Enjoy your day everyone.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 10:17 AM

Good morning all.

Ah you have great kids Alan, wish they were all like that.

What did you have to eat?

Very foggy here this morning.

Cooking Sausage Stew at the moment for lunch, then off to the M.I.L's to do her shopping and cleaning.

Have a nice day all.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 10:26 AM

buenas dias all. Very dull, cloudy and cold here today with rain on the agenda. Itīs nice to know that family appreciate you Alan, they are lucky to have you close by to help. This morning I have to dispose of the beautiful bouquet my son and his wife sent me for my birthday and it always reminds me of a time some years ago when my son was still in the army and stationed in Belize. I received a motherīs day card from him, inside were two packets of flower seeds and a note reading "this is a do it yourself bouquet, canīt afford interflora", it still brings a smile when I think about it. Have a lovely Sunday all.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 10:34 AM

Happy Sunday from me too

Alan .... you and Sheila deserve the appreciation shown by your son and his partner .... you have both done so much for them
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->

When she read it Sheila shed a tear and I had a lump in my throat. We have great kids.
That goes two ways Alan - they have great parents too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top