Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 11:36 AM

Re: Rolf Harris arrested over sexual offences

I think that probably, as Ben-varrey says, the concern is that there is a strong suspicion that people in authority, particularly in the BBC, did a corporate cover up. However, it does seem a bit worrying to me that after all these years and now in the light of Jimmy Saville's exposure, women are coming forward to point the finger at other people. Cynic that I am I do wonder if financial gain may be the motive of some people. As Mick says it may well be a case of one person's word against another and the difficulty is one of proof. Conversely, and sadly mud sticks and it is also impossible for an accused person to prove they are not guilty. I have no wish to make light of the serious nature of abuse, but it is so easy to ruin someone.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
My God how can you honestly say Jake the peg is anything to do with the way he thinks,
The three legged man was round before Jake the peg by Rolf Harris, it was an old circus trick by clowns.
Once again it is trial by media, wait and see what happens.
Totally agree with you, Wrinkly!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think that probably, as Ben-varrey says, the concern is that there is a strong suspicion that people in authority, particularly in the BBC, did a corporate cover up. However, it does seem a bit worrying to me that after all these years and now in the light of Jimmy Saville's exposure, women are coming forward to point the finger at other people. Cynic that I am I do wonder if financial gain may be the motive of some people. As Mick says it may well be a case of one person's word against another and the difficulty is one of proof. Conversely, and sadly mud sticks and it is also impossible for an accused person to prove they are not guilty. I have no wish to make light of the serious nature of abuse, but it is so easy to ruin someone.
I will not name him for obvious reasons but one only has to think of the poor innocent teacher who was tried and found guilty by the press in the Joanna Yeates murder case. I would not have been surprised if he had taken his own life in view of some of the comments made about him

Of course we need to protect those preyed upon by adults but we also need to spare a thought for those who may have been wrongly accused and stand to have their lives ruined.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

19-04-2013, 02:16 PM

Although not officially named it has been no secret for quite a while that Rolf Harris had been arrested in this regard. Of all the people who are in the frame over sex abuse his arrest has shocked me most. I hope the guy is innocent.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 03:28 PM

Anyone else just a little bit worried about the operation yew tree investigations now ? It seems like they really are just trawling around for dirt on anyone who was around at the time. Would anyone have complained if the investigation had not been going on ? if not I would suggest they cannot have been too worried about whatever had gone on, a serious attack would have been reported years ago surely.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

19-04-2013, 03:54 PM

ALL sexual abuse allegations should be treated seriously and thoroughly investigated. Unfortunately in the past this wasn't always the case, especially if the person was a celeb. It is only right that allegations are investigated now even if they are years old if they weren't dealt with properly years ago, or if the person making the allegation was too frightened to come forward then.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 04:08 PM

Spot on Willow....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 04:19 PM

But we seem to be saying every entertainer from the time was attacking women or children - even if the bbc turned a blind eye how can that possibly be the case ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 04:22 PM

Not us Julie - the victims. It may be that a couple are 'not' genuine. If the police had not turned a blind eye also, we would not be in such a mess...
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 07:14 PM

I was groped by a senior when I was at Boots the chemists, I told him if he ever touched me again I would knock him down the stairs.... he didnt.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top