Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 07:45 PM

Re: Rolf Harris arrested over sexual offences

Good for you Annie gal.....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 08:34 PM

I was shocked to see this headline today, I mean the list keeps getting longer, anyway as far as I'm concerned he's innocent until proven guilty.
The wife said something to me today that made sense, first time in years, she said that any celebrity found guilty of sexual assault on minors (I'm not referring to this case) should be stripped of all their assets and not have a life of financial luxury to look forward to when they come out of prison, they do it with criminals over here, the Criminal Assets Bureau takes everything off them that's proved to be ill gotten gains and given to the State. The money taken from the sex offenders should be distributed amongst the unfortunate victims.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
My 'new' comment was in relation to Brown's post which seemed to imply that it's nothing more than a slapped bottom or two that's taken out of context. Some men (but by no means all) do have, I'm afraid, a predilection for young children - the fact that it has gone on for so long (centuries) speaks volumes.
Read it again Karen,what I wrote was
' I think the whole thing has got out of hand with some people, having been slapped on their bottom as a youngster and told to run back to mum, probably just think they may be able to sue someone for money'.
This does not say it is nothing more than a slapped bottom or two taken out of context. It says that some people are trying to make money out of it.

Alan, I never groped a female when I was young, I was brought up to respect the female form.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Read it again Karen,what I wrote was
' I think the whole thing has got out of hand with some people, having been slapped on their bottom as a youngster and told to run back to mum, probably just think they may be able to sue someone for money'.
This does not say it is nothing more than a slapped bottom or two taken out of context. It says that some people are trying to make money out of it.
There was no offence intended Antibrown but that's how your post read to me (and still does). I may well be misunderstanding what you are saying and if I am, please do correct me (again!).

I have absolutely no doubt that some of the alleged victims are just trying to make money out of it - not like the person they are accusing can argue their corner any more and that, imo, is unforgiveable. I just feel that those who covered up the offences that did happen need to held accountable.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

20-04-2013, 09:05 AM

I think many of us have been groped in the past by some creep trying it on. The person who did it to me when I was a teenager, was kicked where it hurt most! Someone groped our eldest girl when she was 15 and she threatened to kill them if they did it again. Her father had a strong word with the guy. However because we didn't complain to the police as we should have done, these scum could well have gone on to assault others much more seriously.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I imagine that there isn't a man alive who, as a teenager, didn't grope a girl of similar age and it will probably always be so. It's knowing when to stop that makes the difference. Do you agree ?
I think you are about right Alan, no one will admit it, but it went both ways, being groped by a female.
No one at that age found anything wrong in it, it was part of courting and making love, which is just a natural process of healthy young people.
Folks who say they didn't do it, were not very sexually minded and really didn't understand their bodies.
We at the age of 14 had sex lessons at school, and it included every detail of sex.
Those that led a sheltered life, certainly missed out, and probably didn't make good lovers, like ourselves.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

20-04-2013, 11:18 AM

My husband never groped me let alone anyone else, he had respect for me. Groping is NOT acceptable, men who think it is are sick!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 11:22 AM

It wasn't called groping in my day, in fact it was never classed as dirty, it was the natural process of boy meets girl, nothing more than a kiss and a cuddle, that naturally developed with the intensity of lovers.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

20-04-2013, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
It wasn't called groping in my day, in fact it was never classed as dirty, it was the natural process of boy meets girl, nothing more than a kiss and a cuddle, that naturally developed with the intensity of lovers.
Touching a woman inappropriately, is groping and nasty if the sentiment isn't of mutual consent.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

20-04-2013, 11:55 AM

Read what I have said, it was when a couple were having a kiss and cuddle, surely you are not that naive to understand that is mutual.
Now you see how hard it is for the police to really distinguish between a grope and just a natural process of courting.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top