Join for free
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2015, 03:44 PM

HP Pavillion Lap top

When I had trouble with my HP desk top nearly 15 months ago I was asked by the virgin engineer if I had an alternative computer in the house. After experimenting for some considerable time I said I would go buy a lap top and see how we went from there. This I did and still got the same results meaning it was not my desk top but their outside line, eventually it was sorted and yes they were at fault but by then I had purchased an Hp Pavillion lap top, new carrier for it and wireless mouse etc, came to close to £500. I have only ever used this once and now I am resetting it to its original conditions. However, I do not need it unless I download windows 10 but quite frankly I would rather stick with my desk top. Anyone got an idea how much I should ask for this almost new laptop reset to factory settings and where is best to sell it?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2015, 03:55 PM

Re: HP Pavillion Lap top

Surely a laptop is more versatile than the desktop?

Personally I would keep it. And 18 months old is not by any stretch of the imagination "almost new" in all honesty. Brand new laptops are pretty cheap so you might lose a lot of value in selling it. What will you do if you experience more problems with the desktop?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2015, 03:59 PM

Good to have as a spare, in case your desktop packs up
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2015, 04:58 PM

Yes, I will hold onto it and get it updated to 10 Windows I think, As you say pc or lap tops do not hold their price. It will prove a good back up as long as I charge it up once in a while. Thanks everyone.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2015, 10:45 PM

So you're not like me Moyra and want one of everything?!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
When I had trouble with my HP desk top nearly 15 months ago I was asked by the virgin engineer if I had an alternative computer in the house. After experimenting for some considerable time I said I would go buy a lap top and see how we went from there. This I did and still got the same results meaning it was not my desk top but their outside line, eventually it was sorted and yes they were at fault but by then I had purchased an Hp Pavillion lap top, new carrier for it and wireless mouse etc, came to close to £500. I have only ever used this once and now I am resetting it to its original conditions. However, I do not need it unless I download windows 10 but quite frankly I would rather stick with my desk top. Anyone got an idea how much I should ask for this almost new laptop reset to factory settings and where is best to sell it?
How did you find out your engineer was a virgin Moyra? Did you ask him?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top