Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 03:59 PM

Re: Garlic has done well this year...

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Meg, l am impressed! The ones l grew, died prematurely.

I wish they hadn’t as l am fed up with visiting shops and all the garlic, states... Produced in China.

No Thank You!!
That's sad Art ...
I am pretty impressed myself after last years grub infested failure ...
Try growing some again with British Bulbs..
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 04:15 PM

And I'm sitting over here thinking garlic was just garlic! Interesting to learn about the different varieties....hopefully when I get to planting some, it'll work this time around!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
And I'm sitting over here thinking garlic was just garlic! Interesting to learn about the different varieties....hopefully when I get to planting some, it'll work this time around!
Good luck Pixie soon be time for planting this year .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That's sad Art ...
I am pretty impressed myself after last years grub infested failure ...
Try growing some again with British Bulbs..
Meg, l have grown garlic from bulb garlic that l purchased from a garden centre. I presume it was British?

I meant, the garlic l purchase from the supermarkets for immediate culinary use, are usually from China.
Waitrose and M&S garlic aren’t but Tesco and Asda’s garlic are.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

28-07-2021, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Meg, l have grown garlic from bulb garlic that l purchased from a garden centre. I presume it was British?
I don't know Art ...
I meant, the garlic l purchase from the supermarkets for immediate culinary use, are usually from China.
Waitrose and M&S garlic aren’t but Tesco and Asda’s garlic are.
I think the last garlic I bought from Waitrose when mine ran out was Spanish and it wasn't very nice a bit brown.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 07:22 PM

Sainsbury's are selling Spanish garlic - but it is far too mild for my taste. Asda and Tesco are offering Chinese - which I won't touch. Heading for York tomorrow and will go to my favourite Italian deli and buy garlic there - it is always top quality and delicious! Maybe come Autumn I will try and grow my own.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good luck Pixie soon be time for planting this year .
Yes, I think that's the way to go (grow?!)...so many people prefer homegrown garlic!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

28-07-2021, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Sainsbury's are selling Spanish garlic - but it is far too mild for my taste. Asda and Tesco are offering Chinese - which I won't touch. Heading for York tomorrow and will go to my favourite Italian deli and buy garlic there - it is always top quality and delicious! Maybe come Autumn I will try and grow my own.
You should give it a go ST it is so easy to grow .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top