Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 07:03 PM

Re: Christmas Arrangements.

There’s normally just the three of us but we’ve invited the mother in law for Christmas just so she’s not at home at this sad time...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
oh dear Muddy , you could have 'his and hers' jars of coffee then it won't matter
He only drinks tea I afraid
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 10:16 PM

I don't know what to do for the best this Christmas.
My son wants me to go over to them, about half an hour away, but they have two other visitors too, and that is worrying me a bit.
I must make a decision as I need to let them know I'd I'm not going.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
That remark about the Kenko coffee jar lid is so true.

I always have a problem screwing it back on. Love the coffee though.
Annoying aren't they.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 01:30 AM

My Christmas will be much the same as every year with the exception that my daughter and son in law won't be here this year (they have decided that camping in the bush with mates their own age is better than spending Christmas where they grew up ).

So this year there will just be three adults and a couple of grandkids staying here. I have bought snags and frozen them I am tempted to buy lobster instead of prawns this year because our spat with China has halved the price of rock lobsters.

Assuming the weather is good then we will put up the gazebo(s), chairs and tables in the garden, fire up the barbie and have a great Christmas outdoors as usual.

Afterwards we will either play garden cricket or retire indoors for a board game, Earlier this year I bought a new copy of "Risk" as my old one has disappeared so this year we have a choice of Monopoly, Cluedo, Diplomacy, Campaign or Risk to play while we digest our meal and sample a few beers.

Am really looking forward to Christmas and the end of 20 bloody 20.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 09:23 AM

well I got myself in such bother over Xmas arrangements with my family anyway in the end we have decided its not worth the risk and told everyone to forget us this Christmas .....instead later in the year after we have had the vaccine we will have Eastermas
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 10:17 AM

Although I love being with my family at any time, I breathe a sigh of relief that old Christmas of driving hundreds of miles in all kinds of weather when I just wanted to stay home with my close family are long gone.

Being alone this year is a doddle compared with some Christmases.
One year, 1978 I drove from Dorset to Derbyshire (226 miles) with a newly semi paralysed husband and our baby who was just a few months old in my ancient car. It was freezing fog, on the way the car heater broke and I had to keep stopping to clear ice from the window and to feed my baby. The things we do for our families.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Guy is isolating with his Mum in east Anglia.

His operation has been cancelled yet again, but more chance of him having it over there.

I go into isolation on Boxing Day.

My heart Condition is inoperable.

I am waiting for two proceedures

I have a number of injuries related to my job.

I need a hole drilled in my skull to relieve the pressure and drain the infection.

I need a stent fitted in my left groin as I have no discernssble pulse in my left leg.
That's good. Obviously they get along better now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-12-2020, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Although I love being with my family at any time, I breathe a sigh of relief that old Christmas of driving hundreds of miles in all kinds of weather when I just wanted to stay home with my close family are long gone.

Being alone this year is a doddle compared with some Christmases.
One year, 1978 I drove from Dorset to Derbyshire (226 miles) with a newly semi paralysed husband and our baby who was just a few months old in my ancient car. It was freezing fog, on the way the car heater broke and I had to keep stopping to clear ice from the window and to feed my baby. The things we do for our families.
Days like that are sent to test us. You made it through.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 06:17 PM

It will be just my Husband and I and the Cat Coco all over Christmas, with a Turkey and all the Trimmings, Xmas Crackers, Wine and Mincepies, CD on with 60s songs and dance to myself around the Lounge with Coco in my Arms.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top