Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 10:35 PM

Re: Christmas by the sea

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Minx I spent my teenage years living exactly 7,850Kms due east of you. In Perth Western Australia. The Indian Ocean is my second favourite Ocean on Earth after the "big one". It is so similar, that pic brings back great memories of the beaches around Fremantle. Of course we love our summer Christmas. I've had a white Christmas in the north eastern US but never in Britain. I'm sure our festive season is very similar to yours. BBQs. beach and lots of seafood. But right now we are having a lot rain and thunderstorms. IT's La Nina: in full force. Fires last year...floods this year,,sheeeesh.
Yes Keezoy I suspect your Festive season is very much like ours, it’s a Southern Hemisphere thing. Had an awesome swim this afternoon. Waded right into the sea. Did a bit of boogie boarding and had a lovely sundowner. The beaches are not full and we have a 22h00 curfew so it’s so peaceful at night. I wish I could bottle up the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks. It’s so soothing. I’m so relaxed as well after a long year. Lots of good food, mums cooking and mums care. No better experience than that. Tomorrow it’s off to Ramsgate beach. It’s hot, humid and perfect. Warm seas, beautiful sandy beaches, sea air and cocktail sundowners.

I would still like to experience a white Christmas though.
Besides the weather (which sucks), are you guys in lockdown?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
This Christmas Day will be very busy Folks wise, the usual solitude, and thinking time afforded in the great outdoors whilst folks enjoy a board game or two, in front of the fire will be flipped, time to go further afield for the quiet contemplation.
What board games do you enjoy? I like Rummikub, Monopoly, Scrabble and Chess. Card games would be Uno
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

21-12-2020, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Everything is better in a warm climate. Personally I don't like the beach much, hate sand! I much prefer the bush I always head inland never to the coast! I live within a few Ks of the Pacific Ocean but rarely go there since my kids were old enough to be able to surf by themselves.
Bruce, I love the bush as well but my hometown is a coastal town so it’s familiar. Lots of childhood memories. I do love the bush and I am a capable 4x4 driver. I have a Toyota Fortuner with a Conqueror Companion 4x4 off-road caravan for bush travel. The bush and the sea are totally different experiences. Each one has its merits but I’m fortunate to enjoy both.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
What board games do you enjoy? I like Rummikub, Monopoly, Scrabble and Chess. Card games would be Uno
Draughts.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

21-12-2020, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Draughts.
Love that too. It’s called Checkers here !
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 01:07 PM

I love chess Minx, but because I don't play very often I'm crap! There is nobody to play with in my limited circle of friends and family. Hell! some of them don't even have a computer.......Thickos....
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

22-12-2020, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I love chess Minx, but because I don't play very often I'm crap! There is nobody to play with in my limited circle of friends and family. Hell! some of them don't even have a computer.......Thickos....
You could play against a computer? Perhaps we can have a game some day sly old grey fox! Should be interesting.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 09:12 PM

You could play against a computer? Perhaps we can have a game some day sly old grey fox! Should be interesting.
No fear Minx, you would show me up for the imposter that I am....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 10:59 PM

My family play Risk, Monopoly, Cluedo and Diplomacy. I also enjoy a game called Speculate but it is hard to find people who want to play that.

I have a game on my tablet called "Killer Suduko" which I enjoy, I play the hard level but haven't tried the Expert level yet.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top