Join for free
Page 3 of 164 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 06:43 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Glad that's the first bit done for you both, Mags.
It must help things along when they are well organised too.

There was a Doctor on telly yesterday who had just had his, and he said the next day he felt ' Not quite right, but certainly not ill.'

I suppose the Flu jab affects us all differently too, but interesting to hear how you get on.
Thanks Mups, I can’t praise them enough today, there was always someone with you to open and close doors, tell you where to go, ask you how you feel. This was their first week of opening, three days a week (Thurs, Fri, Sat).

The first time I had a flu jab my arm ached for two or three days, after that future jabs didn’t affect me at all. I’ll let you know how I feel tomorrow.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good news Mags you are in good company with the Queen who had hers today.

Lots of members of my health support group have had their vaccination and no one seems to have had as much as a sore arm .
I won't mind if I do get a sore arm, is shows my antibodies are reacting and I will do what I do every year with the Flu vaccination, massage the site gently and if it hurts the next day apply an ice pack
I wish I could say I travelled with her in the Bentley ..... but I can't!

Thanks Meg, I hope when you have yours it goes as smoothly as mine.

No side effects whatsoever yet, I'm a bad sleeper at the best of times so time will tell tonight. Mr Mags is also feeling ok at the moment so fingers crossed.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

10-01-2021, 12:26 AM

Update, almost bedtime and I’m feeling fine so far.

Mr Mags says his arm feels sore and aching, other than that he’s ok.

Will see what tomorrow brings.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
This was their first week of opening, three days a week (Thurs, Fri, Sat).
Lets hope they can keep the good practice up Mags.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We had out first vaccination this morning.

We arrived at the Medical Centre at 11.10am for our 11.30am appointment. We were told we could go straight in.
Morticia was worried about injectees growing another head. Any sign of that yet?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:19 AM

How are you both this morning,Mags?...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
How are you both this morning,Mags?...
Mags?....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:48 AM

I would like to thank Mags & all the other people who have told is about having their vaccination. It really helps those who have been nervous about having a jab, that nobody has had before, & hearing that you are not suffering is a real comfort to many.
I have had an annual flu jab for years and 70% of the time I get a sore arm for a few days but it soon gets better & isn't anything to worry about.

I think that suffering after Jabs is often psychological fear, but very few people suffer any serious problems.
I believe it will take some time to get back to normal, when we have all had our jabs, but at least we will have some protection.
I really hope that all our members can look back on Covid as a bit of a nuisance, rather than a tragedy, and we can see the funny side of "Lock Down" in a couple of years!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Mags?....
..you know what I meant,...her husband.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I would like to thank Mags & all the other people who have told is about having their vaccination. It really helps those who have been nervous about having a jab, that nobody has had before, & hearing that you are not suffering is a real comfort to many.
I have had an annual flu jab for years and 70% of the time I get a sore arm for a few days but it soon gets better & isn't anything to worry about.

I think that suffering after Jabs is often psychological fear, but very few people suffer any serious problems.
I believe it will take some time to get back to normal, when we have all had our jabs, but at least we will have some protection.
I really hope that all our members can look back on Covid as a bit of a nuisance, rather than a tragedy, and we can see the funny side of "Lock Down" in a couple of years!
Until next winter Twink, and it will probably be a different strain so you will all have to have another jab, or maybe two jabs, or three jabs......Then you will need jabs to offset the problems caused by all the previous jabs..... Bugger that!...

Page 3 of 164 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top