Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 01:44 PM

Re: Number Plate Cloning - Perfect Crime?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The best protection against cloning is to have really stupid number plates

Not that cloning is an issue here because the state governments make and issue the number plates (those in the pic are WA plates). The police have regular campaigns where they replace the screws that hold them on with tamper proof ones so the plates can not be stolen.

It's not about stealing the number plates.

It is about making a number plate, with someone else's registration, and a crim fitting these fake plates to his own car.

Apparently, they do like to put it on the same make and model, so that police/parking attendants can't tell the difference.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 10:09 PM

Re: Number Plate Cloning - Perfect Crime?

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
It's not about stealing the number plates.

It is about making a number plate, with someone else's registration, and a crim fitting these fake plates to his own car.

Apparently, they do like to put it on the same make and model, so that police/parking attendants can't tell the difference.
I understand that - my point was that you can't clone number plates if they are made and issued by the government, then the only way they can be obtained is by theft and that there is something you can do about that.

Number plates used to be made in prisons (I presume they still are but don't know) and are pressed out of steel or aluminium. Don't you have any people in prisons with nothing better to do?

The British system is daft and designed for fraud.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top