Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

06-06-2021, 11:02 AM

Re: Brush cutter/strimmer recommendations please

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I use this one..
Cordless, easy to change the strimmer line and recharges quickly. Light and I am impressed with it because I can adjust the reach and angle. Worx 20V MAX Cordless GT3 Grass Trimmer – WG163E
I'll have a quick search, and thanks again
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

06-06-2021, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Perhaps a local tool hire shop might be worth a try. If you hire one and it works OK then you could buy one if thought necessary. Tool hire shops are usually reasonable in what they charge, they might also be able to advise you on the best ones available for what you want to do.
Might be worth it. Think I'm leaning to either the Worx, or Ryobi. Interesting that cordless can still be powerful. I may still go for Bosch, but the convenience of cordless would be better.
It's great to have some comparisons. Both recommendations look great and in the right bracket for me.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

06-06-2021, 01:30 PM

Teacup, this might be interesting

Ryobi OBC1820b

It’s part of their one battery system and is a cutter/strimmer combined

https://www.tooled-up.com/ryobi-obc1...m/prod/307998/
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

06-06-2021, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
Teacup, this might be interesting

Ryobi OBC1820b

It’s part of their one battery system and is a cutter/strimmer combined

https://www.tooled-up.com/ryobi-obc1...m/prod/307998/
Thank you
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

06-06-2021, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I doubt if you will find a corded or cordless brush cutter due to the power needed to drive the blades. The weight of copper windings for a brush cutter would make the weight of an electric model prohibitive for free-hand wielding into your jungle. Although with modern innovations happening right across industry all the time, something might be available.

I've just checked with my favourite website and only strimmer's are available in corded or corded state. Some heavy duty types do say they are capable of light weed cutting, but brush is not listed.
My choice would be a good Husqvarna 2 stroke brush cutter to ensure reliability with excellent cutting abilities.
Looks a good bit of kit, but looking for something in a lower bracket, that's lightweight. Good suggestion, and it's great comparing, which is something I like to do before getting.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Funnily enuff I've just ordered a GTech cordless grass edge trimmer. I was looking to buy a Spear & Jackson version but our local Argos didn't have one in stock. The GTech's spec looks about the same although it cost £20 more (after a special discount).
I got an email from DPD saying they would deliver my trimmer tomorrow afternoon (7/6 at 14:30-15:30). When I opened my emails just now, there was another from DPD saying that trimmer would be delivered today at 13:30-14:30. The DPD driver pitched up with my trimmer at exactly 13:15! That's service if ever there was.
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

06-06-2021, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I got an email from DPD saying they would deliver my trimmer tomorrow afternoon (7/6 at 14:30-15:30). When I opened my emails just now, there was another from DPD saying that trimmer would be delivered today at 13:30-14:30. The DPD driver pitched up with my trimmer at exactly 13:15! That's service if ever there was.
Let me know how you get on with it, I'll hopefully get one late next week. Would be interesting to hear.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Teacup ->
Let me know how you get on with it, I'll hopefully get one late next week. Would be interesting to hear.
OK . With any luck weatherwise I'll be trying it out tomorrow morning.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 03:40 PM

If price is your main concern, then a 2 stroke petrol job would be on the expensive side, but if the weight is your main problem, the all the patrol ones I have see/used have a harness to distribute the weight across your shoulders leaving your arms and hands free to guide the cutting head.
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

06-06-2021, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
If price is your main concern, then a 2 stroke petrol job would be on the expensive side, but if the weight is your main problem, the all the patrol ones I have see/used have a harness to distribute the weight across your shoulders leaving your arms and hands free to guide the cutting head.
I usually go for something middle of the range. For instance my Bosch garden tools are fab and inexpensive. I wouldn't pay more than £200 for a strimmer, and I nearly always stick to plan.
I cannot start petrol ones, I had a big clunky expensive one at an old house. It was good if you could get started.
I'm definitely going for a lighter model. Thanks though!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top