Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 05:23 PM

Re: Outdoor Swimming

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
It's a large geo thermal pool, as warm as a bath.
That’s great if you want a bath. Not good for exercising
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I can't swim it scares me to death having water over my face. It is an inbuilt fear since I almost drowned at the age of about 3 in an uncles garden pond. A cousin a few years older pulled me out so I was told later on in life
My husband was scared to death of water when I first met him. Now we go canoeing and kayaking with no issues. He still doesn’t like any water above his chest area or he panics.
It’s a common fear.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

15-06-2021, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It’s looks fabulous Bratti
I am not a good swimmer (my style is what can be best described as the save your self from drowning style ) and hate cold water so unless it tropical I don’t do outdoor swimming .
In fact unless it’s with grandchildren I don’t do indoor swimming either .
But it’s still looks great enjoy yourself
I am a good swimmer but don’t necessarily enjoy swimming in cold water. In fact the first 15 minutes are difficult. Once my body gets moving, the water isn’t as much of an issue. I don’t think the water was 51 degrees. I think it was a bit warmer than that but definitely well under 60 degrees but I prefer to swim in cooler water than most people. Once I get swimming and my heart rate goes up, then cooler water is very nice. 65 degrees is perfect. Anything above 70 isn’t something I’m interested in swimming in. Plus the ocean offers that extra buoyancy which is nice. It’s nice that you take your grandkids swimming. All kids should learn to swim.

Thanks for your feedback Muddy. It’s much appreciated.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

15-06-2021, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Looks gorgeous...I'm so envious. Enjoy
Thanks summer it’s truly is beautiful
Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
can I come swimming with you, it looks a lovely spot
Come visit me and we’ll go in and afterwards have a delicious picnic lunch. We can go for an awesome walk too
Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Another way Bratti....
Click on your small image Bratti to enlarge it, then right click the large image and select 'Save Image Address' then you can paste the full size image into your post.....Remember to press Contl V before saving the changes....

Thank you OGF. Unfortunately I don’t have a mouse to right click since I use an iPhone but thank you for the alternative method. I will keep it in mind for when we get our new computer
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 07:17 PM

I live on the coast but it's too cold to swim for more than a few minutes and I haven't done it since I was a kid. We locals leave all that to a few crazy tourists. The sea temperature today was between 6°C to about 10°C, for example, and even going ankle deep in the water quickly turns the feet numb.
UniGeezer
California, USA
UniGeezer is male  UniGeezer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 08:46 PM

Looks so fun! I want to start snorkeling and was thinking Laguna would be a good place to start.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

15-06-2021, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I live on the coast but it's too cold to swim for more than a few minutes and I haven't done it since I was a kid. We locals leave all that to a few crazy tourists. The sea temperature today was between 6°C to about 10°C, for example, and even going ankle deep in the water quickly turns the feet numb.
Haha. It’s very cold on this coast also. The temperature yesterday was 10.7 C which is 51.26 F. That’s cold but I need to lose this weight and once my body gets used to it, I can manage. It just takes about 5 to 10 minutes for my body to adjust. Oddly enough I believe the main bay was warmer because when I swam to the other side, the waves coming in had a much warmer temperature than the pond I was swimming in. Once getting out of the water my skin is still somewhat numb.

The locals probably think I’m a crazy tourist since we are new but I’m ok with that. I AM a bit on the crazy side You have to be to swim in this cold water.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

15-06-2021, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by UniGeezer ->
Looks so fun! I want to start snorkeling and was thinking Laguna would be a good place to start.
I wish I could snorkel.
Have fun.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

18-06-2021, 02:52 AM

It rained all day yesterday but today was fabulous.
Today I considered going in the water on the main beach part but the water is so shallow that it would take ages to get far enough out to be enough to swim properly but my main concern is these jellyfish. I’m not scared on them brushing by as I swim. I worry about stepping on one while coming back to shore. They apparently get swept ashore after storms while they end up dying. You can still get stung by dead jellyfish. Anyway I’ve seen enough of these to be somewhat concerned and urinating on the sting doesn’t take the sting away. That’s a myth.

It was a few degrees higher today and very very nice. I’m starting to lose weight and get in shape again. I swam for another 30 minutes straight.
After showering, it feels so good to have swam.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	EF00BB2F-E3F0-4B05-A3BC-46C8914427E2.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	15986  
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

22-06-2021, 07:15 PM

So far I’ve done long distance swimming 4 times. Since I can’t gage the distance I can only log in my timing. I’m a fast swimmer and my first 2 swims were about 30 minutes each. The 3rd swim about 45 minutes and the last swim, about an hour and I’m down 6 lbs which is great.

Yesterday my husband and I found a huge sandy beach. My sister in law will love this when she comes to visit next month.
Here’s another picture of the Atlantic Ocean.

The water is warming up fast. It’s probably over 60 degrees now which is perfect. Today I swam and had a loon follow me back down the shore line. Plus this place is full of bald eagles so picture taking is awesome. I added a picture of the boats we saw yesterday when we found the sandy beach so added it.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2D892BA5-43DC-4E39-A5CB-56CBE11A230C.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	16038   Click image for larger version

Name:	868F0148-CF44-472E-82C2-ED724911DB89.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	16039   Click image for larger version

Name:	17D0B05B-97FC-4289-813F-8FBB345F2E3A.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	16040   Click image for larger version

Name:	0919D048-2657-432C-B7FF-818B211994AA.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	16041  

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top