Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 11:15 PM

My New Air Fryer

I just bought another gadget to join my rice cookers.

it's a Sunbeam Air Fryer and cost $99. I promptly went to the supermarket to buy a range of frozen food.

Yesterday's evening meal consisted of chips, fish, salt and pepper squid. I just bunged it all in the air fryer's basket and cooked it for about 12 minutes but gave it a bit of a shake up after 8 minutes.

Beginners luck: it was perfect and it created only one piece of washing up.

After looking on YouTube there seems no limit to what you can cook in these things so I am looking forward to experiment.

Living alone the washing up created by cooking a meal has been the bane of my life so this is a big leap forward.

My only complaint is that it is relatively large so I keep it in the laundry.

Anybody else use one?

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 11:33 PM

Re: My New Air Fryer

I've had one for a long time and wouldn't be without it now. I do a lot of things in it from pork chops, sausages, lasagna, jacket potatoes etc., plus the occasional pie.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 11:35 PM

This ours

I treid to persuade Sue to get one for ages, it wasn't uintil my son said he uses one that she decided to buy. The first one must have been a return fob off as the plug was not a sealed one and the thing didn't work. So got this one after taking the other back for a refund
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I've had one for a long time and wouldn't be without it now. I do a lot of things in it from pork chops, sausages, lasagna, jacket potatoes etc., plus the occasional pie.
Jacket potatoes and sausages was going to be a future experiment, I was thinking of partially cooking the former in the microwave them finishing off in the air fryer, I thought it might be quicker.

A Chinese friend persuaded me that an air fryer was a great idea and as I don't even know if my oven still works (I use it to store cookbooks) I went out yesterday and bought one.

Hopefully it will do all the jobs my oven used to do - stuffed hearts also come to mind. My BBQ might feel neglected this winter.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 12:08 AM

Sue doesn't use any cooking oil not even the spray type the fan overhead could get clogged up eventually Sue reconds. But what do I know. I presume she is talking about the inside atmosphere
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 12:40 AM

Aren't they the bomb though!..I bought mine only a couple of months ago and it is in constant use. I have the over head fan type. The element is still spotless.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

18-06-2021, 12:45 AM

What I would say what a difference it make to the food. Chips crispy outside soft inside bread crumb type coating fish pieces really crunchy outside and moist inside.

Confucius he say "Man who boils potatoes and peas in the same pot is not hygenic"
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 04:42 AM

I have one I use all the time especially as I don't have an oven at the moment. Its great ...I use it most days.

Edited to say $99 sounds expensive Bruce I think mine was only about £30
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 05:14 AM

Mine was £35
Wouldn’t be without it.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 06:09 AM

I don't have one but am quite taken by how versatile it seems to be.....might be worth looking into

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top