Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 03:18 PM

Re: Group exercise.

I'm a rambler too. I also lead walks for the ramblers - which have proved very popular since restrictions have eased. I think it's great to get out walking with others and I had 37 walkers recently. I also walk with a smaller group of friends a few times a week but I limit my walking to about 5 miles - doing that three times a week is great and leaves enough time for all the other things I enjoy too.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 09:10 AM

I swim most days, at least 5 times a week. Usually on my own as I can get my head down and get my lengths done. I will chat afterwards with some of the others there, also while in the Jacuzzi, I just have to have a hot relaxing soak after. There are Aqua Classes but I never fancied doing that.
I also do a good walk with the dog everyday, not always on the flat often up on the hills on a rough track, that gives my legs a good workout, but as my balance can be bad some days I always have my dad's Walking Staff with me. Also exercising the Clydesdales can give you a damn good workout too, my legs are often doing the wobble by the time we get back.
These are the type of places we often walk. This is the track over to the Highland Clearance Village "Badbea" a few miles from here.
I bought a Cubii a few weeks ago and I use that in the evenings when watching the half hour News and it fair works your legs.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040530.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	16148  
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 03:40 PM

Carol, I have several friends who enjoy the social aspects of some classes and claim that being part of a group distracts them from the mental challenges of their workouts. I think that's great!

I am among those who like to exercise solo. I never good at whatever I first undertake, so I need that space to work out the rough parts. That independent focus is the only way I have accrued skill at most anything. Letting my mind wander and enjoying the pure pleasure of being solo (with most of my time spent taking care of others) not only reinvigorates me, it is almost an act of survival!
UniGeezer
California, USA
UniGeezer is male  UniGeezer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 04:42 PM

I sometimes ride with others but usually it's a solo deal, which allows me to focus on what I'm doing much better.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top