Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 08:15 PM

Re: Some Sports are for Thugs & Idiots - But Not Mine!

I have never been interested in either watching or participating in any sport - even before most of them stopped being 'sport' and became cash cows - but I would certainly not criticize those who enjoy it. It takes all sorts to make a world and I dare say a lot of my hobbies would bore the pants off some people.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 08:37 PM

I'm far too lazy to actually DO any sport (though I used to 'teach' the young kids how to play cricket).
The only sport I'd watch is cricket, and that on the telly.
I really enjoyed the last test match, but I cancelled my BBC Tax last year so I haven't watched it since.
Perhaps one day.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Samuel Johnson once described a fishing rod as "a stick with a hook at one end and a fool at the other". Me? I couldn't give a monkey's cuss. I go fishing to recharge my "internal batteries".

Then there's golf: a good walk spoiled - popularly attributed to Mark Twain, but it was first used in 1948. (Twain died in 1910.)
Golf is good exercise, good players walk 5 or 6 miles, others 10-15 miles!

Over 80s get free buggies, where I play, and that leads to traffic jams - and minimal exercise!

Watching it, in my view is paint drying!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 10:28 AM

Chess with balls an good analogy for snooker.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top