Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 07:14 PM

Re: Bottles of Lager & Sell By Dates!

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
We bought a huge stack of dog food just before the very first lockdown last year. Unfortunately it had an adverse effect on the poor pup, so it sat there and sat there. I tried giving it away to neighbours who had dogs (this was good stuff, none of your own brand), and they refused it saying their dog was used to Aldi/Lidl/own brand etc. So its still sitting there, and I'm chucking it out this weekend because its out of date now...well last month it became old. Cannot abide wastage, but everything was locked down, and I couldn't give it to the local shelter because they required it to be delivered and I don't drive. Plus covid rules, etc.

Pixie, have you not got a dog shelter/rescue near you who would be glad of that?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Pixie, have you not got a dog shelter/rescue near you who would be glad of that?
I have, and I phoned them up. They need it delivered to them and I don't drive. Its like 4 big boxes of Wainwrights, each containing 24 trays of food. I might get an uber and take them actually....its cheaper than a taxi. These boxes weigh a ton.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I have, and I phoned them up. They need it delivered to them and I don't drive. Its like 4 big boxes of Wainwrights, each containing 24 trays of food. I might get an uber and take them actually....its cheaper than a taxi. These boxes weigh a ton.

That's a pity, you'd have thought there would be someone from there that could pop over and take it. Is it far?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's a pity, you'd have thought there would be someone from the that could pop over and take it. Is it far?
Not really...about half an hour in a car. Covid, plus lack of staff etc makes life difficult for them I suppose. I'll get over on Monday and drop it off.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top