Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 07:45 PM

Re: Steam Mops. Have You Got One?

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Just watched that model in action on YouTube,Art, it’s expensive, nearly £80..but the floor is left dry.

That would work on my floor.

What would you rate it out of 10?
Pauline, l wonder if you are looking at the right steam mop?
The one l have was from Curry’s £99.00 on offer from £150.

The girl who served us said, she had bought one for her wooden floors but hadn’t taken it out of the box yet!
I don’t have wooden floors because... l don’t like them!
I use the steam mop on my kitchen, cloakroom and en-suites tiles.
It is so effortless to use and you can swish it around so fast! The floors also dry quickly without having all the doors open.

I would give it 9/10. Losing a mark because the mop doesn’t stand up straight, you have to lean it against something after use!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I have a Vax steam cleaner with various attachments. It has a mop bit but I don't use it. I like to scrub floors with flash and a mop & bucket. Everything else gets steamed though, with no cleaning products.
Pixie, This Shark steam mop boasts that it kills 99.9% bacteria.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

06-07-2021, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have the Vax version which is great for cleaning floor tiles and lots of other things when using the attachments. You can add things like Flash or Zoflora if you want. I don't use it on the wood floors because I don't want the steam to penetrate.
Longy, If it’s the Vax that has been advertised on the television lately..... A friend of mine has just bought one of those... but it’s still in the box!!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pixie, This Shark steam mop boasts that it kills 99.9% bacteria.
If I buy one, how much do you get percentage wise? Commission I mean, NOT bacteria!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

06-07-2021, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
you cam't beat a woman on her hands and knees doing a bit of scrubbing. On second thoughts maybe you can and she enjoys it

realspeed, You love your naughty jokes... don’t you?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

06-07-2021, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Yes I have a steam cleaner. Works great. Good for disinfecting without harsh chemicals.
Bratti, What brand is yours?
I’d imagine most brands are different in Canada and in America to the U.K.?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

06-07-2021, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Yes, a Polti system complete with it's own fancy carrying bag.

We have tiled or sealed vinyl floors in much of the house as well as wall tiles in a few rooms, so it gets a fair bit of use and ours is pretty effective.
It's proven to be both excellent and handy for cleaning the oven, the barbecue, car upholstery prior to sale and a few other things too.

I wouldn't hesitate in getting another when something goes wrong with ours, but it's horses for courses and what suits me here might not suit you.
Zaphod, Polti? I have never heard of that brand.
Any pics?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

06-07-2021, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
5 rooms with tiles 3 rooms with laminate. Several Rugs
My Steamer is a Vileda, can do rugs and carpets also comes with an added plate for that..
Would not use a mop and bucket again but one of those flat mops that you add cloths to..tried a traditional Mop when first moved here, there was enough changes at 1st for me..no central heating and felt like I was living in a castle with the amount of spiders webs... Wet Mop Head..where do you keep them to dry..The only thing with steam mops that I can think is a reminder to use Distilled Water, if the water is hard or high in minerals it will eventually clog up...

Dianne, My steam mop looks similar until you get to the mop head.
Yes, Shark recommends using distilled water. I haven’t as yet..Tut Tut, naughty me!

My mop comes with a carpet ‘glider’. It doesn’t clean carpets, just refreshes them. I haven’t used it yet.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

06-07-2021, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
If I buy one, how much do you get percentage wise? Commission I mean, NOT bacteria!
I get nowt!

It might be good if you ask Pauline where she saw them for £80, as that’s a really good price!!
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 09:21 PM

yes you are correct, it freshens more than cleans and guess because of the hot steam must rid rugs of some germs..

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top