Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 08:07 PM

Re: Palpitations.

Are you feeling any better Pauline
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
You can hear your heart beats pounding in your chest, my rhythm at the moment is all over the place.

I stay calm which helps, hope they pass soon.
Do you get a bit dizzy, and your vision goes a bit dark for a moment or two? The sensation in my upper chest is not exactly pain, but reminds me of how it sometimes used to feel when we did cross country running at school. It's very uncomfortable. I don't get them often, and the first time it happened must have been twenty years ago or more.

I take a massive breath in, hold it for a while, then breath out slowly and try to relax as much as I can. The duration varies quite a lot.

I don't know if this is what you are talking about.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 08:17 PM

Indeed, they just aren’t letting up at the moment..
Have you lost your rag with anybody recently Pauline ??
Like one of your neighbours maybe ??
I remember you mentioning the red mist once !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 08:30 PM

Had one evening years ago..heart started feeling a tad erratic. We have a blood pressure reading machine so check my pulse. It kept rising without a break. I phoned the NHS help line and was told that 105 was high but if it gets to 120 phone again..It did not. the next morning it felt normal. I did get blood tests and found my thyroid levels had gone haywire...

Too complicated to explain how the changes in hormone levels affect the heart...it just does. My Sister who has this also has heart pills now to slow her pulse rates down....We both have Hashimoto's Disease= underactive Thyroid but can change to Hyperthyroid in some..over=active Thyroid..

Men do also get this but much less common. Any symptoms like that really need getting checked over @Garbal ....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 09:55 PM

I don’t usually time them....ten mins ago I posted this..my heart rhythm is now back on track.

Only decaf for me from now on.
Glad you are ok Pauline. Best to ride them out while focusing on something calming like your lovely garden.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
Men do also get this but much less common. Any symptoms like that really need getting checked over @Garbal ....
I find ignoring it works best for me, Dianne. Well it has so far.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 10:25 PM

Anyone here get them?

I have them at the moment, trying to take my mind off the pounding.
Have it checked medically as it could be atrial fibrillation.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 10:38 PM

Thanks Danny...it’s the caffeine I believe...they advised me to drink decaf....

I keep forgetting, and just get the usual.

What’s Tachycardia never heard of it?
#

Hi

It is not as simple as avoiding Caffeine.

Palpitations can kill you.

They are often a sign of critical conditions.
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:40 PM

Thanks Danny...it’s the caffeine I believe...they advised me to drink decaf....

I keep forgetting, and just get the usual.

What’s Tachycardia never heard of it?
It's when for no reason your heart speeds up from a norm of 60 to 70 it shoots up to 110 or 120 and can stay that way for hours. That's why the medication.

Hope you're better.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 06:41 AM

I had a scary attack a couple of years ago. I could actually see my heart pounding in my chest as I watched. It lasted for about an hour and I was admitted to hospital after calling 111 but they found nothing wrong. It happened again when I was driving about a year later and I couldn't wait to get home in case it was a heart attack. After lying down for 10 minutes it calmed down. No idea what caused it.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top