Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 05:52 PM

painted lady

Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 06:18 PM

Re: painted lady

Beautiful, R S. Up here, our buddlaeia is just beginning to flower and my wee granddaughter's Butterfly Garden inhabitants are almost ready to take advantage of it.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 06:21 PM

So pretty. I have hardly seem any butterflies yet this year...despite lots of flowers being about
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 06:22 PM

Stunning
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 11:30 PM

Lovely video, RS. Haven't seen one here yet this year.
They have such weird faces close up.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 08:13 AM

We have lots here and have taken close shots but still trying to figure why they go blurred....Yours are really beautifully filmed..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 08:16 AM

Beautiful, realspeed.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
We have lots here and have taken close shots but still trying to figure why they go blurred....Yours are really beautifully filmed..
there could be several reasons if i may say

First of all camera. You really need a proper camera not a camera phone

Next is Shutter speed for still photos the faster the better I normally go to 1/8000 sec

then camera shake a common problem you best to use a tripod with a remote shutter release

also distance the further away the better and enlarge and possibly sharpen in post processing

A long lens can help so as not to disturb

and most important the butterfly is stationary.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
recently with the new camcorder I am grabbing a frame from a video and posting that

doing it that way it can get silly

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
there could be several reasons if i may say

First of all camera. You really need a proper camera not a camera phone

Next is Shutter speed for still photos the faster the better I normally go to 1/8000 sec

then camera shake a common problem you best to use a tripod with a remote shutter release

also distance the further away the better and enlarge and possibly sharpen in post processing

A long lens can help so as not to disturb

and most important the butterfly is stationary.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
recently with the new camcorder I am grabbing a frame from a video and posting that

doing it that way it can get silly
Not necessarily true. Some phones these days take better shots than a lot of cameras but the difficulty is keeping it still.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

23-07-2021, 09:42 AM

i don't have and know nothing about camera phones but I doubt if they could produce a close up shot similar to the one above I posted.
I have yet to see me proved wrong

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top