Join for free
Page 19 of 25 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 12:56 PM

Re: Hypocrisy Democracy

Originally Posted by itsme ->
What a stupid comment to make. Google is a search engine bringing together all information relative to a search term.

To suggest it is biased towards remain and is left wing is beyond comprehension!!!!

You say it is not the best way to research information, so what in your demented opinion is the best way? Not much chance AGAIN of an answer to that.
I wouldn't worry, itsme. It's all of a piece with the whiney Everybody's ganging-up on Blighty boo! hoo! hoo! politics - no-one-like-us-we-don't-care-cuz-we're-'ard BS from that shandy-pants quarter.

The rest of the world has nothing better to do than to stick little pins into its UK voodoo dolls. Yeah, right . . .

Gotta luv 'em!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
I wouldn't worry, itsme. It's all of a piece with the whiney Everybody's ganging-up on Blighty boo! hoo! hoo! politics - no-one-like-us-we-don't-care-cuz-we're-'ard BS from that shandy-pants quarter.

The rest of the world has nothing better to do than to stick little pins into its UK voodoo dolls. Yeah, right . . .

Gotta luv 'em!

You might do, I most certainly do not !!!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->

Gotta luv 'em!

You could always move to Dublin
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
So so sad.
But, so apt!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
But, so apt!
"I remember that sweet surrender"
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
It seems that you have never learned to move on from the past. Your misguided bitterness is eating you up.

Oh dear, the usual to be expected Remain supporting slur.

No doubt you will also delight in replying that this post is nothing but another tirade, only to be expected again, but I will say it anyway because that is DEMOCRACY, the freedom to say how we feel in words, something we proudly fought two world wars for, and something you seem quite content to be happy not to share, by agreeing for it to be taken from the UK by an unelected, bullying EU.

With respect, you say that I hold a misguided bitterness that is eating into me? Not that it will make any difference to you but I don't agree at all, but even if I was bitter, far better to make my views known than doing what most of the EU and you yourself expect us to do, just stay quiet, do as we are told, roll over and be taken control of!

As I informed you. You should know that is not, never has been, and never will be, the British way. ESPECIALLY those of us who still believe in democracy.

I could also say that's rather rich coming from you! Talk about kettle and black! Why is it that you feel your own views as a Remain supporter are so measured and reasonable at all times, yet a Leaver's views are, (in your own words) bitter and eating one up??? After all, from your posts, you make it blatantly obvious that you can hardly contain your excitement at the EU's pathetic saga of the UK being bullied into remaining in the EU against our will by any means possible. I will also state that I have the same right to say that you ought to hang your head in shame at supporting what is happening to democracy in this country and our right to leave the EU in it's entirety (the same for any other EU country that may follow us).

I can guarantee you that as a Leave voter, I am not alone in my thinking that the EU, with its bullying and complete intransigence in dealing responsibly with our right to legitimately leave, is acting very similar to a Mafia Organisation. The only thing that seems to be missing with their vile, underhand tactics, are the firearms!

You and your fellow Remain posters may continue to make up all the excuses you like with regard to the validity of our Referendum,it goes in one ear and out of the other, because as much as you loathe the fact, it DID take place and against all the odds, the people voted to leave the EU. The result was also voted on overwhelmingly in our British Parliament.
Leavers respected the right of others to vote to remain, but NOT what has happened since. It appears you have made your decision to support a dictatorship that is refusing to deal with Brexit. THAT is not acceptable to Leavers.

But, that is something for only you and your own conscience, but it certainly doesn't make it right for you to criticize those who voted to leave, whatever their reason, with your continual insults, sneering, and arrogant attitude that only Remainers know best.

Even now, almost 2.3/4 years later, the EU are still shellshocked and unbelieving that ANY country would dare ever leave -but the UK? their main cash cow? No, No, No, Never! The EU are like headless chickens, although never in a million years would they admit it, after all, the UK leaving could well be the catalyst of the end of the EU dream of a United States.

They have only their own selfish selves to blame. Even in their arrogance, they ignored every small request by first, Run along Cameron, even though he warned them of the danger of an impending Referendum, and now, they are using the same arrogant tactics again with Theresa May, with the collusion and treachery of our own Remain supporting, self-serving MP's.

In my opinion, the EU, by refusing to acknowledge or negotiate properly over our decision to leave, is only succeeding in making themselves look to more and more people, akin to a cartel of unelected nobody's in suits, pushing above their weight.

And you wonder how any Leaver may be bitter? I would say that far from being bitter, we are very, very angry indeed.

Finally, perhaps Remain supporting posters would find more agreeable discussions with Leave posters, if, for just once, they just once, tried discussing sensibly, the merits of staying in the EU rather than resorting in almost every post, the usual snide insults accompanied by project fear nonsense that you seem to spout about or directly at, anyone who voted to leave.
Is it any wonder there is such a divide over Brexit? You certainly bring it in bucketloads over your heads. Deservedly so.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Even now, almost 2.3/4 years later, the EU are still shellshocked and unbelieving that ANY country would dare ever leave -but the UK? their main cash cow? No, No, No, Never! The EU are like headless chickens, although never in a million years would they admit it, after all, the UK leaving could well be the catalyst of the end of the EU dream of a United States.
I'm sure you're right.

The USSR probably thought that none of their buffer states would ever get to leave their 'empire', yet it happened didn't it?

Not only one either; ALL of them.

That's why I think that when we leave, the rest will follow. Certainly after a few years when it becomes apparent that we are not only surviving their threats but actually flourishing.

They will ask themselves, just as we have done, why should we subjugate ourselves to the rule of unelected politicians when we could freely trade among ourselves each as a free nation?

I reckon that could be the motto of the new EEC:

"Freely trading among ourselves, each as a free nation".

You heard it here first!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 04:07 PM

Brilliant post from Shropshiregirl
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

10-03-2019, 04:08 PM

Remainers can be unionists in their own country if they want.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
, why should we subjugate ourselves to the rule of unelected politicians when we could freely trade among ourselves each as a free nation?

I reckon that could be the motto of the new EEC:

"Freely trading among ourselves, each as a free nation".

You heard it here first!
Then the elections for the EU parliament are wasted on you.

I like the present one better (since 2000): UNITED IN DIVERSITY

Page 19 of 25 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top